just when ya think your done......

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94warpig

Reaction score
Having a few issues guys.......just when I thought I was almost done with this thing. Fired it up and its pissing gas out the overflow. Tapped the bowl and it seemed to slow down so im thinking the float is sticking. Is there a way to set float hight? Also, my neural light gets a lot brighter when I rev it. Is this normal? It actually burned one out. Although that might just be a coiencidence(cant spell). Im kinda sick of this and I want to go ride!!!! Help?

Yes there is a way to set the float height. It is covered in the manual. It is typical of the lights to get s little brighter when you rev the engine. When you rev the engine, the stator turns faster, thus creating a little more voltage. If it blows a buld again, I would check to make sure that the charging system is not over charging.

How would I check the charging system? Would the neural switch have anything to do with the bulb issues? I put a used one in it today

Last edited:
Highly doubt it. Take a multi meter and set it to 20volts. Start the engine and put the test leads on the battery. At idle, you should have between 13.5 and 14.3(ish) volts.

Ok cool. Thanks pat. Ill see about testing it and ill take the carb off and see about setting the float.

Does anyone know what number the dash bulbs are? I have something close to them at work but not sure if they are right or not....

I can get a bulb no prob, just need to know what the bulb number is.

I just took mine out and went to auto zone and found one that matched

Got the bulbs. After I finally got that cold blooded bitch to start I tested the charging system. Tested 13.70 ish so that seems good. The carb is still pissing gas so im gonna have to pull it apart and look at the float. ...seems to run good one I get it started but good lord was it a pain to start. Think it might be flooding itself out.

Well I let it run itself out of gas so I could start pulling the carb. Then a buddy stopped by and wanted to hear it run. So I turned the gas on and it was like a damn waterfall. Gas all over. Coming out the top hose? Wtf?

Well I let it run itself out of gas so I could start pulling the carb. Then a buddy stopped by and wanted to hear it run. So I turned the gas on and it was like a damn waterfall. Gas all over. Coming out the top hose? Wtf?

Definitely needs a needle and seat

Back