just how ghetto can i get?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
hey, well hanging out with my nieghbor with that bad ass yfz the other day, he came up with an idea iliked alot, but i dont think its possible, he still has his stock parts, a-arms, shocks, etc. he said i can have them for free if we can find a way to mount them.
What i want to know is if i can put 04 yfz 450 a-arms on my 03 z400. I figured some serious drilling is going to be needed if ti is possible. Anyone think its possible? this will widen my z by about 2- 3 inches.

Without some serious welding and bending im gonna say no, but the shocks maybe, and they would prolly be better than the z400's.

Without some serious welding and bending im gonna say no, but the shocks maybe, and they would prolly be better than the z400's.

That's exactly what I was going to say. There's just so many things that could be different with those a-arms that it would never work without cutting and welding them.

Actually, the shocks might not even work. If I remember correctly (maybe I don't) z400 shocks are split at the bottom like a fork for the mount, the yfz shock isn't.

its like putting a ford motor into a chevy or vise verse....it can be done, but not worth time and money.

yea... thats ure best bet casue if ure gonna have to fab everythin up theres a good chance it wont be as strong as the aftermarket stuff

Back