just got another warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahapower

Reaction score
ok so i sold my 2000 awhile back and today i bought an 88 off a friend for fifty dollars he bought it with a bad head gasket,he put a new gasket in it and a stage 2 hotcam but never got it to run.i havent picked it up yet but i looked it over today at his place and it has spark and it pulls over like it has good compression so i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what could be going on with it? thanks alot

well when you get it we can help you get her going. theres alot of things that it could be and most can be tested or inspected. id say if it hasnt been done yet clean the carb and inspect it and double check all the grounds and connections. i found out grounds and connections can really mess with you, i couldnt get my '98 to start replaced the pickup coil and ignition coil and still had spark the whole time to find out that all it was, was the little wire that comes off the neg. battery cable.

well i got it tonight havent messed with it much but when i pull on the rope it is hard to turn over with no spark plug in it could a bent valve cause this from the cam being installed wrong?

Back