just another noob, hello

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadriver

Reaction score
what's up forum!?

i have a 2001 yamah warrior, you all know the specs.. the only mods so far have been itp holeshots, nerf bars, brush guards, and a +1 durablue axle, which was added the first weekedn with the machine... apparently the stock axle can't handle sliding into trees.. woops.

love my warrior wish it was easier to pull wheelies on...

so why did i find this forum? of course, my warrior is acting up! i've read on a few other forums about this issue, and will search this, but in bried here's the issue:

my quad has been sitting for a bit, but i generally start it monthly then do a few hot laps around the block before my neighbors complain or the cops show up. i walked passed about a month ago and noticed a flat... so i pulled the rim off, banged out the dent, filled the tire, put it back on, viola, i'm done... here's where the trouble starts. start the quad, full choke, no problem. i let it idle, push the choke in halfway, still no issue... engine is warm time for a hot lap... choke in all the way. sputter sputter backfire, shut off....

i've read that it could be a dirty carb, air filter, or perhaps a leaking intake boot... i've pulled the carb off. it appeared clean, air filter is new, plug is new...

any suggestions, running rich? while playing with it yesterday i thought i noticed a red flash @ the exhaust where it exits the head... maybe it rusted it out but at that time the motor was too hot to pull the plug or feel the exhaust..

anyone have a solution, or something more to try?

thanks in advance.

Tim

haha... i was actually thinking about upgrading to something lighter & quicker, but just had a baby and can't really buy myself any new toys.. gotta keep the warrior a bit longer... shoot my buddy has an 86 still kicking around, no doubt it'll last, just gotta get the bug worked out.. carbs are fun!

Back