Jug spacer

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbcqst316

Reaction score
Does any one know if an 80 thousands base spacer is enough to run a stroker crank and a wisco piston? It's no t a stroker piston.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

sorry to barge in but just trying to get a lil bit more educated...
when doing a stroker with a normal piston what is the correct deck height we are suposed to aim? and them we shim the base of the cilinder accordingly, right?
does the deck height varies from piston to piston?

Deck hight varies greatly piston brand to piston brand. Deck hight from factory is around .075-.080" most people aim for 45-55 thousandths when building motors.

I know for a fact that the JE pistons are deck corrected in a standard stroke motor. So a JE piston is already at .050" deck or close to. So I would imagine a .080" spacer running 2 base gaskets one on either side of the spacer and a normal head gasket your deck would be around .060" but as previously stated, I also would mock up the motor before ordering the spacer plate just to be sure.

Correct deck height in a performance application would be "0". Deck height is measured from the head gasket surface to the flat top if the piston. If ,you already have our head gasket, measure it's thickness, if it measures near .040 you are safe to see what it takes to achieve a "0" deck height with your lower shim. This will keep you safe.

Back