Jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a jet kit...

My quad was doing that exact thing, when I installed my K&N filter and FMF full exhuast. When I would hit full throttle while it was idling, it just put-putted then eventually kick in at high rpm. I first adjusted the air/fuel screw, it helped alittle, but it still had a stalled reaction time. I got the jet kit and tried out different ones until I got the best throttle response. I would suggest that you get one of the kits that come with different jettings. For each engine mod you do, you may need to change the jetting again...I'm running a 150, I think the stock is 145? The kit suggested a 160 with my set up, but I tried that first and my quad still had delayed reation but was very aggressive once I got pass the low end. I then changed it again to the 150 and the response time was great. The kit has a 155 jet as well, but since it seems to be running good at both ends, I don't want to take it apart to find out 155 not better.
Hope you fix the PutPut problem.

Thanks yamahauler! What's the pen spring mod, should you do it if you're gonna do the valve stem cap mod?

the spring goes right where the arrow is pointing .... take a couple pens apart and find one close to the same length ... then just replace the spring with the one outta the pen

Now once you've done the pen spring upgrade you should do the frame helium fill. Makes the frame lighter and rides like youre floating on air.

No just get Banshee front shocks if you want it to feel like your riding on air

Back