Jetting?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clraptor350

Reaction score
Arite ive had my pipe for a month and i still cant figure this damn things out. I got a Dyno jet kit and went to a 136 main and 4th clip with the needle. It runs until its warmed up and it wont anymore. Someone told me that it was too lean. So i went down to a 124 which is way less than stock and it didnt run ,but now im gonna try piolot jets. I have and HMF no spark arrestor and a k&n with adapter and outerwear. Please if anyone has this setup tell me what its jetted at.

I'm running a Yoshi TRS complete system and my main is a #150 dynojet, needle moved up one position (one clip down), pilot turned out 2 1/2 turns. Runs perfect. You might want to try something along the lines of a 144-152. Also do a plug chop and see how its buring.

if you were lean to begin with and went down on your jet size(#) to a 124 you just made it even more lean, the bigger the # on the jet the more fuel therefore a richer mixture. Id start out around a 145-150 and go from there.

Guys, keep in mind that he said he has a dynojet kit. Dynojet has their own little numbering system on a completely different scale.

But yeah, if someone told you that you were too lean, and you went to an even smaller jet, you made it even leaner, that's why it didn't run. But it sounds like we know you need something between a 124 and 136 now, because cutting out after the engine gets warmed up is a sign of being too rich. You should also be checking your spark plug, that can take a lot of the guesswork out of this.

Re: Jetting?
« Reply #3 on Yesterday at 11:58pm »
Guys, keep in mind that he said he has a dynojet kit. Dynojet has their own little numbering system on a completely different scale.

If you read my post you'd know that I was talking about a dynojet jet. I'm running a similar setup, albeit I have a cam and piston and P&P.

if you were lean to begin with and went down on your jet size(#) to a 124 you just made it even more lean, the bigger the # on the jet the more fuel therefore a richer mixture. Id start out around a 145-150 and go from there.
Couldn't have said it better myself. 124 is WAYYY too lean, should be atleast 136.

Normally a lean condition will get better as the motor warms up. Id put in a fatter (richer) jet then 136 and see what the plug looks like. Its better off to tune on the rich side and work your way down...

arite well thanks for the help, and especially to Rath Racing bc we tried that and it runs great wen its goin, but it wont idle at all. We played with the idle screw and all but it still doesnt idle. Anyone kno wat that could be. Piolot maybe?

Main jet won't affect your idle at all. Did you mess with the idle screw or the air screw? I don't think you should need to change your pilot with the mods you have.

looks like you need to swap out your pilot jet size, or try to turn it to both extremes and see which works better, on my bike I can just get by with the stock size pilot but the mixture screw is cranked open.

also make sure you idle is adjusted properly

Back