Jetting Warrior 4 Warm weather

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddy

Reaction score
i was wondering what needs to be done carb wise or wuteva adjusting i can do to get my quad running better when its a little warmer,i recently raised the clip(lowered needle) because it seemed like it was running to rich b4 and it wouldnt wind up and pull hard when i gas it like when its cold out so then i try it and its slightly better but as soon as the sun went down it became stronger i was wondewring if i should run a smaller mainjet or sumthin im using a 155 now and i was gonna try a 150 to see what happens thanks for any help

145 main jet in MIKUNI numbers.

I have no idea what the dynojet numbers are as ive never used them.

If you are at a 155 then you can step down to a 152.5 and see how it runs, then step down again to a 150 and see which it runs better on. Whichever jet it runs better on is most likely your winner. But you can still check the plug after you run it for a while to make sure your not too far in one direction (lean or rich)

Just checked out the Dynojet jetkits from a warrior and a raptor and that is a big difference.
Warrior DJ128 up to DJ150
Raptor DJ120 up to DJ140
This is why I was a bit confused, saw the big numbers you guys where using and thought I was running something wrong, but it's just the difference of carb I guess that the warriors and raptors are using.

yeah it's a little different in the carbs....it helps with the throttle lag that the warrior was known for...i have a 136 main jet and im gonna have to go down to probably like a 133 or sumthing to that nature....

when you gas it i assume you mean full throttle, which is all main jet. drop to a 152.5, i think 150 would be too lean judging by your mods. try that and chop a few plugs. i have a 152.5, clip on one richer than stock in my warrior with stock motor and no lid and slip on exhaust, it was 60 out today and it ran great, pulled nice and hard, wheelied easy. i chopped a plug and it was as perfect as i have ever seen a plug in my machine. i may go to a 150 when it gets HOT out depending on how it runs for me. its better for you motor to run a little rich then lean, it might seem like a lean engine runs like a raped ape, but when you burn your piston pr fry your rings by running that lean you will wish you had jetted it richer...

Back