Jetting seem right?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sea157

Reaction score
Is it possible that this jetting seems right to you guys/gals?
91 350 Warrior, motor all stock, K&N filter with an FMF Power Core IV muffler and stock header pipe.
Pilot 42.5
Main 145
Needle clip 3rd notch from top or middle notch
Low speed needle around 2 turns out
This is all the same as from the factory and I thought everyone needed to rejet after adding a K&N filter and an aftermarket muffler.

This seems to run GREAT through the whole throttle ban (from idle to wide open)
It is VERY HARD to keep the wheels on the ground in 1st gear if you nail the throttle.

yes thats stock jetting, whether its right or not depends on elevation etc. Pull the spark plug and if its a tan/brown its fine white is lean and i know its not rich. Mine was stock jetting with k&n white bros exhaust and airbox mod ran great

Well if yours was stock jetting with the K&N, White Brothers and air box mod then I guess it is right on mine.

I will pull the plug to see how that looks and go from there.

Its not so much just pulling the plug, which may tell you if you are in the ballpark. But you really need a new plug and do plug/throttle chops.

Yes I understand how to read plugs I just said pull the plug as a short comment.

I will do 3 readings
1 at idle
1 at half throttle
And another one a wide open.
If they are all good I should be good to go.

How do you read the plug I understand the color scheme like tan or brown is right black is to rich white is lean but how do you run the bike before you check the plug also do you need to clean your plug then run it and check?

Yes it needs to be cleaned before you run it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

How do you read the plug I understand the color scheme like tan or brown is right black is to rich white is lean but how do you run the bike before you check the plug also do you need to clean your plug then run it and check?

Get the motor warmed up GOOD before you start your test.

Yes you need a clean plug whenever you are going to check them.
With the low price of a plug I just use a new one every time I am going to check it (less than $2.00 for a plug for an NGK D8EA at Pep Boys).

Make sure you hit the kill switch and pull in the clutch then let it drift to a stop at whatever throttle position you are checking (low speed, Mid throttle or Wide open throttle).

Back