jetting question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1blurappy23

Reaction score
alright, i got this problem. i installed a pro-design k&n open lid and an hmf slip-on with a hi-flow header. i had this set up before with a torque stuffer and i had a 155 main jet and a 25 pilot and it ran perfect. i installed it this time without a torque stuffer and the jetting is totally different. i put a 170 main in it and it sounds like its cutting out at 3/4 to full throtle. when i rev it in nuetral it seems to be ok. could these mods be making the engine rev quicker causing it to hit the rev limiter early or what cause i jetted this thing 4 times this week and its really pissing me off. any help would be grately appreciated!

Your to fat on the main jet. you need to put a smaller jet in. Just start going down in sizes from your 170, and with each jet change Ride it and make a full throttle pass. As soon as there is no stumble between 3/4- full throttle, stop and you have the main jet you need. Just reving it up in nuetral wont tell you anything, cause there is no load on the engine. I wouldnt be surprised if the 155 main you had before still is the one you should be running now.

Back