jetting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jspawn80

Reaction score
im trying to rejet my 2011 raptor 350 with a dg exhaust and a uni airfiter with no lid, i currently have a 35 pilot and 155 main and i cant get it to idle and my plug came out really gray almost white i know im running lean, i had a 50 pilot before and i couldnt get it to idle it would idle really high when i gave it throttle and now its doing the same thing and its running lean
can anyone help?:argh:

you may have a intake valve stuck open...this will make it not idle right and the oly way to keep it running is to hold the throttle wide open...but when it idles it will shutoff when you give it gas....or it could just be your spark plug other than that i dont know

Well what I'm really asking is what should I jet to, it won't idle it just kind of idles slow and then get really high then comes back down but I was turning out the mixture screw and it seemed to get better and will run and its doesn't backfire or anything but I doesn't feel like its giving me any power and like I said my spark plug came out gray, should I go up one on the pilot?

I would get 1 and 2 sizes up get a couple they are only like $3 and get a couple main jets too while your at it

anyone got any suggestions on what jets i should run im at sea level, and have a dg o series exhaut and am running a uni filter with no lid and am using mikuni jets

I run a 142 main, but I'm at 4500 ft. When I was at 1500 ft, I ran a 150 main, so the 155 would probably be close at sea level. The idle going up and down is what we call hunting and it is caused by either air sucking in between the carb and the jug, or the valve timing. Spray some carb cleaning spray around the carb to jug boot while it is running and see if it affects it. Warriors are notorious for cracked carb boots.

Back