Jet kit install cost

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdsiman

Reaction score
My local shop gave me a High estimate of 150$ to install a jet kit I'm going to buy, do u think that's a decent price? He said he would probably only need it for an hr which they charge 100$ N hr and he said they might need to tune it up a little After. I am running a k&n filter with no box and hmf slip on . I think it runs fine now and I'm hoping i will notice a difference when I get the jet kit.

do you know what a "jet kit" is? its a kit with a bunch of different jets to TUNE your engine, so if they are charging you an hour to put a jet in, then its a rip off, and they said tune it after? the point of changing jets is to tune the engine to the mods, people always say "installed jet kit" and i just laugh, i think ok you put the next size or two up or down in your bike to make it run right, its not a "modification" per say

Yea I know that you only put a single jet in. But idk what size to run so I figured I'd buy the kit n let them figure it out. But it should make my quad run better right?

Yea I know that you only put a single jet in. But idk what size to run so I figured I'd buy the kit n let them figure it out. But it should make my quad run better right?

yea assuming everything is in good mechanical order, the valves adjusted, compression is within spec, carb is clean and carb boot isnt ripped ect, then jetting it properly will make it run perfect, i would spend the 100 better on some spark plugs and make a fun day out of running it and jetting it, at least you'll know how to do it in the future when you want to add more to the engine or get another quad, other then that 100 seems steep to me to install a jet, but i've never paid to get work done so i can't say for sure

Yea I know what you mean, but I just started a new job and have been putting in so many hrs so I don't really have time. I have a boosted civic si that I have to constantly f around with too that I'm in the middle of fixing.

Back