jet and air filter question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGL381

Reaction score
Hello all...just bought and installed a new DG RCM2 slip-on pipe on my stock 01 warrior. Pipe sounds good, not too loud...but great tone. My question is....the paperwork that came with the pipe says i need to jet up to a 150 size, and pick up the needle a notch....is this really necessary? Will i notice a power gain? As is, i really cant tell that the pipe made a difference in power...still runs good, but about the same...Also, bought a brand new K and N air filter for it from a friend who decided to go with a UNI. I thought this was a good idea because the filter inner cage was missing when i bought the Warrior, and the K-N dont need it. But been getting negative feedback from some fellow atv'ers (Honda guys) about the K-N performance versus the UNI...Thoughts?

Hello all...just bought and installed a new DG RCM2 slip-on pipe on my stock 01 warrior. Pipe sounds good, not too loud...but great tone. My question is....the paperwork that came with the pipe says i need to jet up to a 150 size, and pick up the needle a notch....is this really necessary? Will i notice a power gain? As is, i really cant tell that the pipe made a difference in power...still runs good, but about the same...Also, bought a brand new K and N air filter for it from a friend who decided to go with a UNI. I thought this was a good idea because the filter inner cage was missing when i bought the Warrior, and the K-N dont need it. But been getting negative feedback from some fellow atv'ers (Honda guys) about the K-N performance versus the UNI...Thoughts?

You have to be kidding right? Of course its necessary! It tells you to rejet for a reason! And yes you will feel a power gain.. And far as filters there both great filters!

Yah, you need to re-jet, that's why it says that. They wouldn't tell you if it wasn't necessary. Besides, it would be their butts if your motor died from running to lean if they didn't tell you that. You WILL feel a difference after re-jetting. As far as the filter, get an outerwears cover for it and you'll be fine. The K/N vs UNI debate will always be there.

The k&n filter IMO with a outerwear cover and proper care can not be beat! I'm running a k&n with a outerwear and love it. But to my knowledge nobody has put it to the test better then Pat( hahahaha)!! Yes you need to re-Jett your carb. With a new muffler and free flowing filter you have leaned out your bike and its not running to full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this afternoon i re-jetted to a 150, moved the clip to slot #4 in the primary needle and installed the k&n. i also modded the air box lid with a 4 one inch holes. I also yanked the gas tank and adjusted my valves, to try to quiet some rocker arm noise. Didnt get to ride her (its been pouring rain all day here in Tn), but the throttle response is much quicker and it sounds stronger. Maby i can ride tomorrow and see how she feels...

Well this afternoon i re-jetted to a 150, moved the clip to slot #4 in the primary needle and installed the k&n. i also modded the air box lid with a 4 one inch holes. I also yanked the gas tank and adjusted my valves, to try to quiet some rocker arm noise. Didnt get to ride her (its been pouring rain all day here in Tn), but the throttle response is much quicker and it sounds stronger. Maby i can ride tomorrow and see how she feels...

Im sure you will feel a difference when you ride it..

The k&n filter IMO with a outerwear cover and proper care can not be beat! I'm running a k&n with a outerwear and love it. But to my knowledge nobody has put it to the test better then Pat( hahahaha)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a UNI fan, can't beat multi layer foam!

I used to like foam filters, but, I KNOW the foam filter would have let mud and water into my engine back at April's Hatfield ride with Weston. K&N did not. Can't beat that. Sure, more work to maintain, but, I love it.

UNI does make a very very good filter. I just favor K&N at the moment after the whole "floating the Oregon river" incident. lol

well after 3 straight days of rain, the clouds parted and let the sun shine this afternoon here in Tn....but..its still raining on my luck. Went to start the warrior for my first ride after all my mods and wouldnt you know it...the starter went up in smoke....so i guess im waiting till monday for that first ride, after i get my new starter....UGH....

well after 3 straight days of rain, the clouds parted and let the sun shine this afternoon here in Tn....but..its still raining on my luck. Went to start the warrior for my first ride after all my mods and wouldnt you know it...the starter went up in smoke....so i guess im waiting till monday for that first ride, after i get my new starter....UGH....

Now that sucks..:argh:

Ok got a question on the K&N filter, is there a specific type to get? My 01 Warrior has the stock mesh tube that takes a foam sleeve inside the box.
Thanks!

my mesh tube was missing when i bought my Warrior. I just bought the K&N that was made for the Warrior, (in the K&N catalog). It had the "squared end" that fit right in the slots made into the air box...The filter came with a tube of grease that you smear around the square end to make it seal to the air box. It works just fine. The only thing i had to do was create a support for the rear of the filter, just so its weight wouldnt break the seal at the top. i did this by cutting a small length of hose that fit over the plastic support stand that is in the bottom/back of the air box. Just tall enough to support the back of the filter....

Back