JE Pistons 366cc

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryder133

Reaction score
Does any one have a review or input about these custom pistons I see there selling for $200 new but I want to know if its worth it at all. And other mods I would need to apply if I got it.

You can also gimme a link to a thread that's already discussed this :tup:

Well an oil cooler is a must, but at 366cc's you'd greatly benefit from headwork as well, more aggressive cam, porting, +1 valves, titanium valves, upgraded springs and retainers, so on.

Well, there are 2 different compression ratios available in the 366 & you didn't mention which one you're interested in. Both will benefit from similar supporting mods but the 12:1 version will require a lil more thought & dedication to the build. You can search the 366 and you'll find lots of good info.

Yeah I am thinking of doing a rebuild at Christmas time when it's freezing out. Thinking of getting deadlast graphix,engine rebuild, lots and lots of new paint,tires and so on

Do I gain any performance with the oil cooler? worth it? (Stupid question :/ )

And idk about the compression ratios. I would want to stay closer to the stock compression unless the bigger one will give me better performance?

Oil cooler is to keep your engine from overheating....the warrior gets hot at it's stock form so taking it to 366cc's will make it get even hotter.....so yea I'd say it's worth it.

More compression definitely gives you more performance, but they say 12:1 requires race gas although I've heard of people running regular on 12:1 compression but it could possibly pre-detonate so generally I think people run race gas, or mix it with unleaded.

yeah the oil cooler will give you longer engine life by letting your engine run cooler. The 2 compression ratios are 10.5/1 and 12/1 stock is I think 9.5/1. 12/1 will give a little better power but you will need to run race gas mix. With 10.5/1 you can get a thin head gasket and bump it up to 11/1 and still run 92 octane

i'm having to run a mix of race fuel with my 10.5 piston and i've got an oil cooler and fan. even running a cooler sparkplug too. I highly recommend getting an oil cooler if your going to run higher compression than stock.

Elwood, what head gasket are you refering to? Do some companies offer a thinner gasket or are you talking about removing the outter shims of the stocker? Well, now that I think about it, ya can't use the stocker with the 2mm overbore right?

Do the oil cooler's work good in the mud/rain or will they get to clogged up?

Back