ive always wondered

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeBlue

Reaction score
Ive always what was the Warrior made for. Like race quad or what?

And it was properly named b/c it's pretty damn tough.

I know you know that is right^^^!!! Lol.

Yeah it is the grandfather of what we have today for big bore thumpers. Actually, if you want to really know the FIRST TRUE big bore thumper sport bike, it was Honda's ATC350X. That bike came out in 1985, a full two years before the Warrior, and lasted until '86 here in the states. Other countries , like Canada, had a few '87 models.

That was the first big bore thumper sport bike. The Warrior was the first on 4 wheels. The Honda was the Warrior's only true competition, far as engine vs. engine. The Honda had 2cc on the Warrior, and it had a 4valve head. Both were 6 speeds, also, so it was the only other bike in the same relm.

I will sell you everything I have to do a 350x into a 300ex frame! Not joking. I have a complete engine, vesrah complete gasket kit, D.I.D. timing chain, EBC DRC kit, a 2nd 85 flywheel, and a 2002 300ex frame. Bought the conversion kit from Powroll, just waiting for it to ever show up. Also, have a factory service manual.

I will sell you everything I have to do a 350x into a 300ex frame! Not joking. I have a complete engine, vesrah complete gasket kit, D.I.D. timing chain, EBC DRC kit, a 2nd 85 flywheel, and a 2002 300ex frame. Bought the conversion kit from Powroll, just waiting for it to ever show up. Also, have a factory service manual.

What you talking bout Willis?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you know that is right^^^!!! Lol.
Indeed I do but I knew it long before what you're thinking about, lol!

Yeah it is the grandfather of what we have today for big bore thumpers. Actually, if you want to really know the FIRST TRUE big bore thumper sport bike, it was Honda's ATC350X. That bike came out in 1985, a full two years before the Warrior, and lasted until '86 here in the states. Other countries , like Canada, had a few '87 models.

That was the first big bore thumper sport bike. The Warrior was the first on 4 wheels. The Honda was the Warrior's only true competition, far as engine vs. engine. The Honda had 2cc on the Warrior, and it had a 4valve head. Both were 6 speeds, also, so it was the only other bike in the same relm.

No Honda talk, bitch!

Back