I've already turned to the darkside

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombizzy

Reaction score
So I know I'm quite new to the site, and i must say, it's definately one of the best sites I've ever been a part of. But it looks as though I'm getting rid of my Warrior already. I got a good deal to trade my bike for an 04' Polaris Predator Troy Lee Edition. Not set in stone yet, nothing is till you actually have the bike in hand, but tomorrow morning should change all that. It's quite an upgrade in power and I have always believed Polaris made nice bikes. I'm still hoping to stay part of the site. Any thoughts on the trade?

He not trading straight up, I'm adding a little cash

good for you man. gotta do whatever you feel is right. i wouldn't swap a yamaha for a polaris though. heard too much about polaris quality and having a junk sportsmen helps my decision.

Have you ever worked on a Polaris......you'd want to burn it before you decide to fix it. USA engineering at its worst!

my brother in law is a motorcycle mechanic so I'll just bring to him if i have issues. Rlly just getting it for the speed.
When I get extra cash I'm gonna try and trade for a YFZ 450. Bu tI just dont have that kinda of cash to throw in just yet and this seems like a good trade for now.

my buddy has the exact same bike but 03' and not troy lee edition. I've seen him smoke 450's over n over again. They're actually quite fast

deadlastracing said:
Have you ever worked on a Polaris......you'd want to burn it before you decide to fix it. USA engineering at its worst!

Aren't you looking at a Polaris :D

deadlastracing said:
On a side note, Looks like my next quad might be a Outlaw 525!

outlaw 525 is the fastest quad 0-50 ever made. I dont blame him for wanting one. :)

hatfield44 said:
deadlastracing said:

Aren't you looking at a Polaris :D

deadlastracing said:
On a side note, Looks like my next quad might be a Outlaw 525!

actually i am too but the outlaw is american engineering at its best (and austrian)

ive worked on my fair share of scramblers and they are super easy to work on, tranny and crankcase are two seperate pieces on the scramblers so makes easy but predators are dif i know

keep the warrior and save your money. you wont get equal to what the warrior plus cash for the polaris when and if you do decide to finally get a yfz. i bought my warrior for 1400. sold it for 1600. i prolly put close to 2k into it with every little thing i did to it. i searched for about 3-4 months and got one hell of a deal for my yfz. i paid 3k for an 05 w/ close to 100hrs bone stock w/ title. guy also gave me a pair of boots, gloves, helmet, goggles and chest protector that still had the tag on it.. in my opinion i wouldnt own or ride anything else offroad unless it was a yamaha. ive had nothing but yamahas growing up. starting with a late 70s DT100, went to an 89 warrior, picked up a SnoScoot along the way then the 99 warrior and now the 05 YFZ.

bombizzy said:
my brother in law is a motorcycle mechanic so I'll just bring to him if i have issues. Rlly just getting it for the speed.
When I get extra cash I'm gonna try and trade for a YFZ 450. Bu tI just dont have that kinda of cash to throw in just yet and this seems like a good trade for now.

your brother in law will hate you!

So thx to you guys, I changed my mind and instead of the Polaris I bought a 2006 YFZ 450.WOOT!!!!! Go Yamaha!

Back