it got me too.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
They cost more money but the ones from Rick's Motorsports Electric are the ones to get. Not to be confused with Ricky Stator which are junk. Had a Ricky Stator go bad on my Banshee.

Well see the only reason I was looking at them is because they clame 200watts of lighting power and that's the main reason I was looking at them if they are bad stators I'm going with a rm stator I've had good luck with rm in the past but the good part about burning. The stator is I get to try out that degree key from vitos that's been burning a hole in my pocket ;)

Well seeing as I am on my 4th stator I have a little knowledge on them (final fixed the problem that kept killing them all prematurely which was a faulty voltage regulator). The last stator I just installed is a caltric off ebay. Its the cheapest new one on there and comes with a 1 year warranty. I can tell you with about 99% certainty it is the exact same stator that rmstator sells but for $60 less.

And as for people having issues with new stators not working out of the box I have had that issue with on of my rmstators out of the box but that is because the source coil is polarity sensitive.(maybe pickup coil cant remember at the moment for sure i know its the red and white wire connector on my 2000 warrior) All you have to do if you still do not have spark after installing a new stator is swap the wires.

Oh and forgot to add if you run HID's there is no real need for a high output stator. My HID's run at a stock 35W and are as bight as I could ever need lights on an atv to be.

Well I got a stator ordered today its a denis kirt stator its 240 watt lighting out put and is a plug and play unit for 80 bucks so I'm happy just haveto wait till it gets here to install it! And I've got to dis agree with you could have enough lighting power evidently you've never been to the dunes

well good news and **** news

good news stator and degree key came in heres a comparison of the stator and a ricky
IMG_20110825_214247.jpg

IMG_20110825_214317.jpg

and the **** news is that when i reassembled the topend the last time it appears that the stationary tensioner wsnt in place and got one hell of a chewing on the bottom end of it so ill haveto yank the head tomorow to change it and then we should be good to go together with it sorry no pic of the guide yet

Well I slameder all together in only 7 hours! I'm happy for pulling the head changing head gasket and putting in a stator. Not bad but he still won't run right it will run for about 2 seconds on its own power then die like you pulled the key gets tons of spark and fuel but I. Don't think the fuel is really highenough grade fuel to run so tomorow I'm going to get gas and get him going again!

Back