Is this ok?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Will this ruin my engine if i shoot very small flames when shifting at high rpms? I have a Proflow intake kit (Unifilter), FMF powerbomb header, and FMF titanium 4 slip on? I do not know if it is jetted or not but I know the previous owner rebuilt the carb and I pulled the old plug and it was the right color.

Flames out of your exhaust is from the unburned fuel that didn't get used up in the cylinder. Definitely running rich. I would find out what size you have in there now & go down a size. Then do a plug chop to see if your good. When was the last time you checked the plug? You said you checked the "old plug" in your post

Yes i checked the old plug that was in there for a while, maybe even the stock plug lol, but i changed the plug recently. Do you think I can damage my motor from the way the motor is running and such?

You changed the plug recently. Have you checked your new plugs condition? I bet its all black indicating your running too rich. You don't want to be running rich like that man. Find out what size jets are in your carb and drop down a size. Let me know what you got going on there. Plug color and jet size.

Can u post a pic of your old plug? I wanna see it.....How long she been running like this? and how long ago did you change the spark plug?

Ok and it runs normal it just shoots very tiny flames the spark plug has been in ever since i got the bike the new one has been in for like 3 or 4 months and it runs the same as with the old plug image.jpg

Last edited:
plug does look good. I'm surprised you kept it so long..haha.. I chuck em when I'm done... Have you checked the new plug? Does it look like that? Bottom line; gotta find out your jet sizes and go from there.

Yea i still got to check the new plug but I wouldn't see why it would look bad because the old one looked fine. but after the winter ill probably look at the jets. Do you think running the engine like this would harm it at all?

If it were me; I would make sure the machine is jetted correctly & the carb in good working order. I would also check the valve clearance. Running like that gonna wear everything out quicker. Its not as bad as running lean & all hot; but still not good. Checking or changing your jets is not hard. If you unfamilar with your carb; there are some tutorials on here & YouTube has videos showing you how.

Back