Is this a good deal pitbike

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an ssr and I'm sure you can find a better one for that price range.

Np, I had a sikk Mx 125 and it was pretty decent, def a lot faster than the ssrs and its got a clutch.

Thats cool i have always wanted a small dirt bike to mess around on.There is a 03 kx 65 with pipe and other **** that looks clean for 650 i might take a look at that tomarro.

Just let me know ive been around pitbikes i built a honda 50 had a ssr 125 and now on the klx 110 the only chinese id even buy is a pitster or piranha a couple ssr's are good

if you get a pitbike you want a 4 stroke because they are way more reliable
WHAT???
:tdown:

It doesn't matter if it's a 2 stroke, or a 4 stroke.. That makes no difference in reliability.
It's the quality of the engine/parts, and the person maintaining it!
A 2 stroke has fewer moving parts than a 4 stroke if you wanna get technical about reliability....

IMO it depends on what you wanna get out of the bike? Do you want something that hauls ass, and is light weight. Or just a camp cruiser?

A 4 stroke would be good for a camp cruiser, and hitting mild trails. The extra bottom end would help on hills, and a 4 stroke is way more predictable..
The 2 stroke would be good for hitting the foam pit (the lighter weight would make it easier to drag out as well), and the powerband would help with short runs to the ramp. :iagree:

There's my rant for the evening.. lmao

Lol you know what I mean in the long run

LMFAO.. I know 88. I was just bust'n your balls.

You gotta remember that I love 2 strokes, and love the fact that their so much easier to work on. But it is true that you won't get near the hours out of a piston in a 2 stroke, as you will in a 4.
I think it has a lot to do with the added stress, and heat that a 2 stroke piston goes threw?

But I would rather spend a $150 bucks for a new piston, and reeds.. Than $300+ for a new cam, cam chain, valves, springs ect".. lol

I think it also has to do with less lubrication on the cylinder wall compared to a four stroke whose cylinder is bathed in oil lol

I think it also has to do with less lubrication on the cylinder wall compared to a four stroke whose cylinder is bathed in oil lol
Well it could be.. It depends on the type of oil your mixing, and if your mixing it correctly or not?
I've seen thousands of scared cylinders from dummies mixing their fuel to lean, or running a bad tune with improper jetting.. (That'll kill them to)

Like I run Bellray H1-R. It's a synthetic ester based oil.
I find it doesn't burn off as bad as other oils, which makes it great for air cooled motors. It also seems to lubricate better under higher temps.

It looks like a bad science movie in my garage when I mix fuel.. lol
I make absolutely sure that my mix is dead on! I also pack a complete jetting kit, and an assortment of plugs around with me when I head out.

Last edited:
Just let me know ive been around pitbikes i built a honda 50 had a ssr 125 and now on the klx 110 the only chinese id even buy is a pitster or piranha a couple ssr's are good

How much would you pay for the one i postedin the link to the kid said its a crf 50 with a 110 engine but i dont think it is and he was firm on 400 i think thats to high. I was looking for a klx 110 but there is none close to me. Thanks

dang, for the prices you're posting you could get a full sized bike. I got a YZ 250 yesterday, the guy wanted 700 for it(thats way under fair market value), I jumped all over that deal and gave him 500 and a shotgun.You just gotta surf around for a bit. I got a hell of a deal. its been bored .20 over, has a full fmf exhaust and a few other things. If I were you, id try to trade something you never use for a little pitbike.People are open to all kinds of trades usually.

I wouldnt pay anything for that its based off a crf which 80% of chinese bikes are but chinese bikes like this ive always found to be cheap and unsafe. I have the scars to prove it too. I paid 700 for my 110

I totally agree with what everyone else is say'n...
For the money you put out on those chinese bikes, you could pick up a decent used "brand name" bike. Something you could actually get parts for, and it won't fall apart the first time you turn it loose.. lol

Pass. Its junk. Give home $200 for that maybe. For $500 you can get a good brand and quality bike. They sure are a whole hell of a lot of fun.

Mathius I like belray mc-1 and H1r they seem to run alittle cleaner also

Yah it's low smoke.. Best stuff out there IMO.
I think it's cool that its orange, but it doesn't darken the fuel much. You gotta make sure you mixed fuel jugs are well marked.. lmao

I actually may have talked myself into buy'n another 4 stroke today.
I found a decent 04' YFZ450 for $1500.
It runs like a champ, and has a few mods. But needs new tires, and a really good cleaning. I'm gonna try to talk him down to $1250.

Back