Is there any way to paint plastics? Or jus buy new ones??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also a painter I paint cars and many other things.

Follow these steps
1.clean plastic first with a mild soap
2.scuff up plastics with scoth brite pad.
3.use a rag with lacquer thinner wipe plastics good to remove mold release agents from when plastics were made.
3. Wet sand to knock down scuffs and light scrathes start with a lower grit than work down to a high grit like 1000 or more.
4.wash plastics again.
5.now you can paint start with using a adhesion promoter it will also work as a primer.
6.when buying paint ask paint shop to add a flex agent to paint will help to keep it from cracking.
7.clear coat 2 coats works best wet sand after it cures than buff

Painted plastics that will hold up

I use sikkens paint, once i painted a vinyl ball like alex plays 4 square with. Using sikkens system, that ball was brought to body shops for a year and got kicked around by painters. It went flat before the paint chipped off! Levi, I have a spare hood here, what color do you want it painted? Then you can tell alex if it chips or not.

agreed with the above if you mix in a flex you will be fine! Personally if i shoot mine i will shoot them in a DuPont single stage with flex additive... used that on my bags and fairing, (fairing is all plastic, bags are glass and the lids are ABS) no chips nothing, as said it is all in the prep and the prep of your paint as well! only reason that it would chip is if you used cheap paint, did not prep the surface properly, or your paint mix was off... a flex additive is so simple to add, if you are unsure on your paint skills you can adjust your hardener mix as well and that will buy you more time.. a single stage will be fine for this application and would allow you to buff out to a mirror shine ... another option would be to use bed liner or undercoat those come from factory with a flex in the can (if you want to rattle can) but then you would get a texture finish not smooth

images

265069_10150252654793073_5718585_n.jpg

271631_10150254461108073_7955367_o.jpg

229204_10151125559368073_620648321_n.jpg

Wow dude that looks AmAzInG!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back