Is there a better cam for my 366 other than my stage 2 hotcam?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mvvette97

Reaction score
a little info on the warrior. I just done a 366 build with about 11 to1 compression and have a major head port job done and KW springs with an fcr39 carb with a 400ex intake and open filter and exhaust. I tried my stage 1 hotcam but it seemed to sign off on power pretty quick. Had a stage 2 to put it in and really like it so far. Tried the stage 2 in my old 366 but din't like it because it robbed the low end but on this build I'm running more compression and ALOT more head work. Seems to work good but is there any better cams out there that will give me more mid power? I like the stage 2 in this build but I'm sure there is something better. With this setup I can get my nephew in the 300ft drag against his honda 440ex. Not by much but it does it. Any longer of a drag and he would get around me. Very impressed with the build for sure. I think the higher compression and head porting is what makes this 366 build run so much better than my first build. If there is a better cam I have no problem buying one and giving it a try. What yall think?

I wonder what the difference in duration and lift there is between the 84 grind web and the stg 2 hotcam?

The web has a slightly longer duration i believe and higher ramp angles. I'd definitely go with more lift since you have a ported head. The .390 are ment more for a stock umported head. I'd do the .415 from mega for low to mid or the .430 from web for mid to top.

Back