is it true??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont know if its true or not, but for the last 18 years we have always left ours in gear and have never had problems with anything. If its strapped down properly, the quad isnt going to move back and forth more than 1/2 inch.

Yes, it's true. If it's strapped down so it doesn't move, it won't be an issue, but when the transmission is what's keeping it from moving around, it'll tear up the starter clutch pretty quick. I didn't know this at one time, and i'm pretty sure that's what killed mine.

im with kuth on this... i woulda never thought about that

yea ive read it somwhere that if its movin back and forth alot it can mess up ur gear box from it slammin back and forth.

If you still have your parking-brake, use it ;)

Otherwise, yeah, its not a good idea to leave it in gear, especially if youre not strapping the atv tightly in place. If you strap it down good, being in gear should be OK.

Realistically, you dont want dead weight bang'n around the tranny all the time. I recommend strapping an atv down, even if you have a fully framed trailer, or throw'n it in a truck bed. Just something to keep it from rolling backwards at all.

my brothers quad is fucked because of that, it takes 10 minutes just to get it started, DO NOT, I REPAEA, DO NOT LEAVE QUADS IN GEAR AT ALL WITH OR WITHOUT STRAPS

done it forever cept i put mine in reverse then strap it tight against the front of the bed

yea i saw it on a site once, they suggested zip tieing the brakes down so the stress is put on your brakes rather than ur trans

Back