Is it my solenoid?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaz9291

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no see (or talk lol) today I bought a new battery on my Warrior, and was excpeting to see her fire up, well it didn't, so I attempted the thing with screw driver in between the two bolts on the solenoid, and the engine started right up, turned it off, tried it again and now the engine is turning, but won't turn over, if I play with the choke and stuff a bit I'm sure she'll start up, but before I go buying a new solenoid can someone confirm for me that it is in fact the solenoid? Thanks so much.

Update:
Well I realized I had very little gas, thats why the engine didnt start up right away, so I poured in some gas and with the screw driver it started up again, but my neutral light didn't turn on.

Is it a bad solenoid or a bad connection leading to the solenoid?

in order to test a solenoid you need to hit it with 12v... how it works is a 12v low amp circut activates a 12v high amp circut... it would be a bad idea to run that thick ass wire all over the place and thru the keyswitch and such so that is why seleniods were invented... so basically if you unplug the solenoid and stick wires in the plug, then run the wires to opposite sides of the battery you should hear the solenoid click and or turn the starter... if it doesnt then it is junk.... btw most solenoids are interchangeable from what ive seen... (you can borrow one from a lawnmower a lot of the time)

I got one if you want it cheap.....works. I just bought a new one cause I had the cash and didn't want it going out on me anytime soon.

deadlastracing said:
I just bought a new one cause I had the cash and didn't want it going out on me anytime soon.

wow can i have some of your cash?!?!? hehe

on your neutral light not working mine did the same thing all it is is on the left side beside the shifter if you look there should be a wire that connects to a little plug in spot just plug it back up and it will be just like new! u cant miss it if u know what your lookin for.

Back