Interior frame rust.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup! he egg shaped patch.....said it will flex better rather than squared up.....kinda made sense to me....more area to absorb...ok...so how much did his 1hr + cost me ?

He's pumping you full of bull$hit. Be careful of him......

And his welds are sub-standard. They are a series of cold lapped Tacks with craters.

Your frame isn't "exotic" enough to worry about it, though. It'll probably never be a problem, again.

-Rhyno

On Edit:
$40 is a good deal, especially if he came to your house.......

Last edited:
my frame is "exotic" and she'll never see water again!!!!:tdown:till i cross the river i have to....to get to the trails!!!!i gotta start upstream to catch the trail, i float to that bitch:haha:
well ill tell rhyno if you saw my welds....these are beautiful......to me!!!!! he just spot welded to keep heat down too, but im not a welder so......dunno
ur input always appreciated, all input is always appreciated!! it is a MIG and not a TIG thou, but he said he could do it and at my house sooooooooooooo it all works. god knows how long that bitch was split too 1yr, 5 yrs, 17 yrs......its all good:iagree:

Last edited:
Maybe I should have gotten more Technical, when I mentioned "Exotic."

"Exotic" meaning the Metallurgy. (4130, Stainless, or some other Chrome recipe) Exotics need special "Procedures" for welding, too.

I don't know what the frame is, but typically you won't find real "Exotics" on production runs.

This isn't to say that your frame isn't special, though.

Seriously, If you are going in and out of water, drill some strategically placed drain holes. I have them on both sides of the frame, in a low spot, and also on the low spot of each side of the swingarm.

An old saying...."If water can find it's way in, it will....."

The drain hole won't allow it to accumulate, as a puddle or whatever, and do some possible Electrolysis.

A couple of 1/16" holes aren't going to create a weak spot, unless you put it in the wrong area.

-Rhyno

Exotic......Not to mistake for "Erotic.":haha:

i was just messin wit ya......frame is stantard 95 warrior ...metal. i will do the hole thing thou, low spot was at repair, thats where water settled an froze. swing-arm, maybe, thats a solid pc of **** there, but i hear ya about water, been there done that. i thing thou, this guy offered help, came to my house and didnt charge hard and gained a new ridin buddy. WATCH OUT FOR HIM? arent ya bein a little hard on the beaver?:lmao:

Back