Interior frame rust.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrjim0214

Reaction score
ok some of you may have seen my split in the frame
IMG_3008.jpg
I think/know there rust happening in there, is there anything i can slosh around around in there to "KILL" the rust? I remember a product from 20+ yrs ago called "rustmort" I think, is that still around or something similiar or new and improved???? That split is at the rear lower a-arm bracket for those who wanted to know......while your here vote: bearing carrier w/ zerk: take inside bearing seal out, leave outside in orrrr take inside and outside seal outta bearing???

Last edited:
or that spray **** that converts rust to primer I think it's called Rust converter

ok ill find something to put in there! I did find "rustmort" on a google search,(MAIL ORDER) the stuff u talk about, can i find that in auto store or somewhere?(dont feel like waitin in mail 4 it) DEAD.....i got full skids front to back including a-arms! this happened god nows how long ago and then they (previous owner) put skids over it, woulda never knew unless i did what im doing. Will update when welded!

my freakin walmart didnt have motor cycle oil! (i got rotella T instead) dunno whether they'll have that **** lol I'll find it thou if it that accesible

I have used this,

http://www.kbs-coatings.com/RustBlast.html

with success. And, I was hesitant, when I purchased it. I thought that it was expensive, and I don't believe most "snake oil" stories.

3 years later, I am still happy.

You might be able to "Slosh" something around, but then you'd have to "seal" it afterwards.

If it were mine, I'd strip it down, make all of the frame repairs, drill a few strategically placed drain holes, and send it off to be dipped.

I don't know what the chemicals are, but "dipping" it will, probably, do a more thorough job of cleaning. Then you could "chrome" it, or some other type of coating.

An "old adage," anything worth doing, is worth doing correctly.

My KX frame is done, like described.

I guess that you have to decide if it's worth it.

Good luck....

-Rhyno

Last edited:
welll i just found "rustmort" in local auto store (thieves) $18 for a PINT !:loco: suddenly rhynos rust stuff sounds cheap!!! I may go that route...oh yea, they wanted $13 for flush valve stems, alot? I dont have chain auto stores near me:eek:

thanks, i saw that on there too, i was wondering how it will work with just "sloshing" it around as opposed to actually "applying" it. anything will b better than nothing i guess. i found 10% coupon for KBS, for those that dont know about coupons, google "coupon codes" most all these websites have coupons if you know where too look.

I have a couple frames if you`re interested in getting a new one just PM me.

Dude with the time i got in this, which aint that much, no i dont need a frame, but thx anyway, humidity low, sandblaster worked great today!!!! by the way look at that crack! its a burst i think from water freezing after staring at it all day!

WELDED......finally

the crack....frozen burst.....
IMG_2995.jpg

tighten up n welded.....

IMG_3059.jpg

grinded down n ready.....

IMG_3060.jpg

and the patch.......

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

I like it!!! I woulda made a mess if i tryed with my MIG.....almost finished frame blasting,,,,,,all other parts painted.....goal? my welder n new friend wants to ride next weekend.....DOH! goin to work!!!! im gonna start a new thread when i start puttin parts n pcs back together...........whatta ya'll think....does it pass YFM boys inspection......or should i have it x-rayed:haha:

Last edited:
yup! he egg shaped patch.....said it will flex better rather than squared up.....kinda made sense to me....more area to absorb...ok...so how much did his 1hr + cost me ?

Last edited:
$40 .....he..did some extras.......and i/we found 2 guys.....no wifes.....no kids...lets ride! the funny part is i said you wanna ride as we shook hands and his eyes lit up!!!! i said dude..... i got no motor in there yet,,,,,, he was thinkin rite then n now:haha: i tryed 2 give a tip and said not to a fellow rider......by the way i posted an add on craigslist 4 a welder and said a fellow rider would be cool and he responded.......good times:atv:
ps he came rite to my house too!!!

Back