intake

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryv4

Reaction score
on a warrior would you want the intake to have rough marks to mix air and fuel better or smooth?

Rough on carbureted applications and smooth on fuel injected applications. Exhaust side and head chamber as smooth as possible.

well here is my theory to smooth bad fuel mixture to ruff bad fuel mixture more of an angle on the intake port will increase torque but reduce higher revving power a smoother more 'ramped' intake will produce les torque and more high rev power.... in theory

i know that i was kinda getting confused, so puttin a chamfer on that will make it rev quicker we migh just have to try that some time

reduceing that 90 will give it more topend power increasing that 90 will give it more low end torque

All we do is use a rough (not sure what grit) stone and and blend any casting imperfections throughout the runner. Where the runner bends toward the valve, just smooth that area so there is a nice transition with no sharp edges. Unless you have access to a flow bench or know what you are doing, I would not recommend enlarging or changing the shape of the runners in any way. Bigger is not better and you can hurt the flow if you do it wrong. We do the same on the chamber and exhaust side except after blending use a fine sanding cartridge to get as smooth a surface as possible.

Back