Installing Tires At Home

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahnstoermer

Reaction score
Short version: Local shop (Iron Pony) will be $600 for 4 Holeshot XCTs.

Ordering from Rocky Mountain ATV, the tires are almost half the price with free shipping. I've read at home tire install is a PITA, but at $345 with three tire irons vs $600, the local shop can take a walk. The question is, are these tire irons good enough to do the job? And is 3 a good number?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...k-Ultra-Lite-Tire-Iron?term=tire change tools

Yeah, I've heard it's a PITA thanks for the soapy water reminder. I'm prone to cussing fits when working on stupid mechanical projects also.

Are those bars good enough? Should I get four?

Your getting taken to the cleaners with the install, I would look for another shop to do the dismount-mount. Not worth the trouble. I had four done a few months ago for $60.00. Well worth it. ATV tires are a Bitch to get off and get seated. The rim has a double lip. You will probably screw up your rim. The problem is breaking the bead because of the double lip. Unless you have a motorcycle-ATV bead breaker.

Yeah they wanted like $142 rear, $109 front, plus 17/wheel to mount, TTL = $540. Close enough to $600 LOL.

Though with hesitation he did say he'd install tires I bought elsewhere for $17 a rim also. I didn't realize how off they were on the tire price while I was in the store.

So maybe that's the way to go, tires from Rocky Mountain, have them install for $72? That'd be $330 for tires = $400 total...

Or as mentioned find a shop that will mount them cheaper also... $5 would be awesome!

My local walmart charges 5 bucks a tires also, But if you do decide to do it some good lubricant makes em go on easy, And also yamalube sell tire mounting spray that makes them slide on easy.

Its breaking the bead that is the problem. It was a pain in the arse to break down the original tires on my warrior, and I was using a tire machine.

I worked for a shop and we had a piece machined for our shop press for breaking the beads and replaced by hand...agreed PITA! My local yamaha dealer changes them for 8 bucks apiece...IMO go spend 30 bucks and skip the headache.

7.50/tire at the place i go to. That's to change the tire on the rim. But I bolt it back on myself with an impact.

Last edited:
Back