Impressions of the warrior!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codysisk13

Reaction score
Well today my clutch went out after about an hour of riding, but i knew it was coming since my clutch was already done with anyway! I have owned a few quads in the past year, a 250 trailblazer, 2000 440 ex, 2006 yfz 450, 2002 400ex, and now the 2001 warrior. I love the warrior, i had a 97 warrior when i was 16 and it brought back alot of memories! Its not the most powerful quad out there by no means, but it feels solid and very well built. The front end does feel a bit heavy, but im liking that because i love to hill climb! I have seen people do wheelies on the warrior, but its a little more of a chore compared to the 400ex and yfz, but is still possible! I also noticed it liked to be revved too and it has some respectible torque when you get on the throttle! In my opinion it could be a tad bit wider for stability, I like the length and especially the ride height, its a inch shorter in ride height than the yfz, so it feels like your planted to the earth a little better, which is always a plus in my book. All in all, I love the warrior so far and I cant wait to get my new clutch put in, and go for another round next weekend!
:atv:

The good thing about warriors other than the things listed in the things that most of the downsides you listed can be fixed/remedied with a little time and money!!!

i love my warrior i used to race 250 2stroke in the pro am class and now my bike days are over at a early age of 22 im into the quad scene and have owned a few things 230 quad sport 250 trail blazer and a 300 ex..and my warrior treats me like a caddilliac compared to any other i dont have much done to her yet but...they do have some very repectable torque love the warrior...only quad ill ever own

im 6 foot i liked my quad sport..it was a little snappy thing lol hilariouse how the kick start was sideways haha...but it was to short for me i like the longer stance of the warrior...

thread jack,

here is a pic of my restored 230....wish i still had it. i loved that thing!!!

IMG_0478.jpg

Wish I still had mine, too. Short, oh yes! Narrow, oh yes! But ballsy, OH YES! Mine was bored .040" over, had a cam and spring kit, non stock carb (don't know from what, on there when I got it and it eliminated the intake boot), modded air box lid (litterally sounded like a vacuum cleaner it sucked that much air). That bike would have spanked a jetted/piped and geared warrior without issue. Worst part was that jacked off kicker! Dude on cl had a complete 87 roller with body same white/blue as mine for $250.

Back