I'm stuck

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YN89

Reaction score
When I bought a aftermarket air filter and exhaust I knew I had to re-jet the carb I went from a 20 piolet to a 25, a 145.7 main to a 150. She ran really good no popping outta the exhaust or anything...this is like 2months ago...well last week I was preparing the bike for a 4day riding trip which I just came back from yesterday..the 1st day it was running bad hesitation from any throttle position like it would hesitate then gain power then hesitate again...I thought it was bad fuel cos it was sitting for a while..drained the fuel same thing happend.took out the new spark plug I had installed and the tip was white..lean right? Soo kept riding...soon as I got home I pulled the carb out cleaned it and uped the main to a 155 started the bike had the screw turned out 3 turns rpm was really high so I turned it another half a turn out to lower the idle a bit took a few steps back blipped the throttle thing was a flame thrower! :( looked at the header it was cherry red...shut er down and it cooled straight away soo now I'm stuck How can she still be lean? Turning the screw in is lean and turning the screw out is rich right? What am I doing wrong? It's doing my head!....sorry for the long post

Last edited:
^^ I'm with Bones, start with that boot. Looks like you have a Rappy & I'm not sure they have the same boot issues but it still never hurts to check. It is lean though for sure. I have a rappy boot here & they almost look like they have a liner inside them. Make sure the carb is clean.

I cleaned the carb before I uped the main and I sprayed the rubber boots with carbi cleaner no bogging down or stutter.

Sounds like you are lean in the idle circut. You said you went from a 20 pilot to a 25. Is that right? Stock jets in the warriors are 42.5. Those jets you have are extremely tiny. Obviously you haven't been able to richen the mixture with the pilot screw, so increasing the jet is in order. That is if all your intake boots are in good condition. And bones and 00 are right about those intake boots ripping. Pretty commin, expecially if it ran good for 2 months are so.

Sounds like you are lean in the idle circut. You said you went from a 20 pilot to a 25. Is that right? Stock jets in the warriors are 42.5. Those jets you have are extremely tiny. Obviously you haven't been able to richen the mixture with the pilot screw, so increasing the jet is in order. That is if all your intake boots are in good condition. And bones and 00 are right about those intake boots ripping. Pretty commin, expecially if it ran good for 2 months are so.

The raptors have a different carb that use a smaller pilot and clamp to the intake boot

Well I +1 size on the piolet jet was re-screwing the bowl in then the neighbour came out had a sook about the noise soo I didn't get to chek the boot again or to see if it's still stumbling @ WOT soo gotta do it on this weekends ride take sum jets and new spark plugs with me and order a new boot too just in case if it is ripped..sometimes I wish I lived out in the sticks lol

I knew they used a different carb, but wasn't certain about the jets. I don't get to work on many sport quads because everyone around here has to have that 4x4 to go muddin. I'm saying "muddin" with a southern drawl, btw. lol

Back