Im so screwed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supplementing

Reaction score
I have noticed since I got my warrior from a trade a few days ago that the shifter keeps hitting the bottom of my pullstart, I thought maybe I had a loose or broken motor mount. Well, I got to looking and...the mount has snapped one of the eyes off the top off the motor, So replacing the motor mount bracket will do no good b.c it has nothing to hold on to. Im gonna have to take the top of the motor off and try to swap it with the top off my extra motor that still has the eyes intact. I dont know alot about this kinda stuff, but Im guessing im in for quite a job. Ill get some pictures ASAP just so you can see how bad a boat im in.

id pull the motor and have a welding shop weld it back.

Thats the thing, the eye is gone, its not broken off and hung on the motor mount, its completely non-existent, idk what the previous owner did, but he must have been going big. They would have to fabricate something up I guess. Right now I have a metal clothes hanger wrapped around the top of the motor through the remaining eye keeping tension on it so it stays out of the way of the shifter. I have alot of work to do on this quad, but for what I have in it, i cant complain, atleast it runs, well it did until the plug fouled..gotta adjust the A/F mixture tomorrow.

Back