im gonna sound like a total idiot

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corko1492

Reaction score
ec7f682e.jpg

theres a bearing spacer on there I THINK im not sure

ec7f682f.jpg

i think theres no bearing on that side

ec7f682c.jpg

pipe without spark arrestor ( sounds sooo nice =] )

ec7f67e2.jpg

No grease zerk on that carrier? Might be time for a new axle.

well justin spent the weekend at my house.. what was i supposed to do.. not ride and let him be bored?

well justin spent the weekend at my house.. what was i supposed to do.. not ride and let him be bored?

yeah, that would have proably saved you a lot of work and some money...

hopefully your axle is still usable now, if it turns out that it's too torn up and has free play on the new bearings, you're really going to be going back on your decision to ride with screwed up bearings... good luck with that

they were just as bad before the weekend started....so that didnt make much of a difference, they were bad before and it probibly couldent get much worse

The point is that he shouldn't have let them get that bad to begin with. He had to have been riding that thing with bad bearings for a long time to wear it down that bad. As soon as you notice that a part like that is starting to get worn, assume that it will need to be replaced soon, and start ordering parts to fix it. If you don't have the cash to pay for the repair, then it would be a good time to start saving. Letting worn parts go until they get really bad always ends up being more costly and time consuming to repair. Plus it's amazing that the chain didn't jump off the sprocket with the axle moving around that much, he could have ended up with a busted case from that, on top of his screwed up carrier and axle.

I woudlnt look at riding it with broken parts a bad thing, now you just have a reason to up grade.

New axle, billet carrier, etc.

I woudlnt look at riding it with broken parts a bad thing, now you just have a reason to up grade.

New axle, billet carrier, etc.

I don't look at it the same way. If I upgrade to aftermarket stuff while my stock parts are still usable, that gives me 2 options.

I usually keep the stock parts, and that way I have a backup part in case I break the aftermarket, so I have a backup piece to swap back on. More importantly though, when I go to sell my warrior, i'll get twice as much money back out of it if I sell all the aftermarket parts independently of the warrior with all the original parts back on it.

Aside from that option, sometimes I also sell the stock parts to offset the cost of the aftermarket ones, like in the case of my edelbrock carb, I sold the stock one on ebay for $130, and then got another $25 for the jet kit which made it like getting the edelbrock for a little over $200.

I was sorda being sarcastic, but i cant say anything, my carrier bearings and swingarm bearings have had some slight play in them for over a year, if just keep lots of a grease in them.

Back