Ignition and electrical

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordysoso

Reaction score
Well long story short, I hit a tree branch in the ground which ripped my ignition coil wire from my spark plug boot. Electrical system still worked until I got home, not even the neutral light worked. Any ideas on parts ill need or things to look at? I tried re plugging in the wire but still no spark.

Replace the coil first. Then go from there. You might have a loose connection too so look around.

Anyone have recommendations for coils? Ricks hot shot, standard oem, etc?

So it ripped the ignition wire from the boot that goes on the plug? Make sure that the plug didn't get damaged. Or the boot.

it didnt hit the plug or boot. it caught the plug wire from the coil, ripped it out, and you can see where it stabbed the top of the motor. I have no leaks anywhere from anything. luckily it didnt pierce anything, the branch snapped before it could do anything like that. Ive learned with cars that a coil isnt just a coil, you get what you pay for. any reccommendations on one other than some ebay brand from china universal fit bullshit? (sorry alex lol)

also i know the wire can plug right back into the boot. i tried this and i think too much **** got up into the wire to allow it to make a good conection to fire back up.

Last edited:
rm stator 24 bucks ... but there is really no need to get a new one if it still works, you could just do the plug wire mod with your fav. brand of automotive plug wire and a little epoxy

i would do the mod and throw an ngk wire on there but with the weather being cold and shitty and all my firewood wet, im not trying to be in my barn forever lol. i also cant even see the lead inside of the wire.

ok ill search it up. can i get away with just taking the hood off and not the whole front plastics?

Back