i wanna start XC

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont race.
Not the recon bro, wait till you get a new bike and just practice on the recon.
But first thing you need is a stabilizer. It comes with just the thought of ex. Then some good 6 ply tires. The rest is whatever you want to waste money on.

handguards are good, somewhat keep hands dry and clear from rocks and trees.....i would pipe it and jet, also take off the racks and cut the fenders so it is more sporty, kind of like the CAN-AM in the new dirt wheels......like i said just keep practicing the fast riding and start ups

you have hit 6 feet on a utility quad......jesus christ im supprised your still here to tell that story

how so??? it was on a table top,lol

and DAMN thatt cam-am was off the hook,lolbuggy shocks,lol

lol okay

so now for prtection,shouldi get nerfs??are they really needed? and should iget hand guards?what type??do they really make a diffrence??and what class should i run? i h heard i have torun with blasters,300ex's,mojaves and so on,do yo think it woukld be a good race??or will they blow me away?

Not sure where you will find nerfs of a recon and where would you put them anyway?
And yes most for the sport class will blow you away
Far away

As for the post about starts Your not going to get a good holeshot if you rev it and pop the clutch in 2 gear or any gear for that matter. XC is dead engine starts.

[quote:fraookvg]lol okay

so now for prtection,shouldi get nerfs??are they really needed? and should iget hand guards?what type??do they really make a diffrence??and what class should i run? i h heard i have torun with blasters,300ex's,mojaves and so on,do yo think it woukld be a good race??or will they blow me away?

Not sure where you will find nerfs of a recon and where would you put them anyway?
And yes most for the sport class will blow you away
Far away

As for the post about starts Your not going to get a good holeshot if you rev it and pop the clutch in 2 gear or any gear for that matter. XC is dead engine starts.
[/quote:fraookvg]

Dead engine or running engine on the start, does it really matter? Your still wanna start in 2nd gear at a near mid range rev to take off for a quicker launch.

I do dead engine starts in second. Get on, start er up while it's in second, gas the crap out of it and let the clutch fly. Gone in a hurry......

For mx I'd agree, but xc I don't. My little 350 gets me off the line first every time, and I always find a way to pass a few 400s and 450s from the class in front of me in the woods. But then something always breaks ::)

[quote:eek:yaw7sg8]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4626113558&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_P cY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=220033327088&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype =cross_promot_widget

here are the nerfs,would it look dumb with those?
Those arent nerfs bars, those are weight boards lol.DUde dont waste any money on it, just use ehr to get the basics, In reality if you want to compete you need a 450, or ATLEAST 400.[/quote:eek:yaw7sg8]

havt you EVER heard its the rider,not the machine??hell i read in dirt wheels some rider(forgot hs name) was winngin GNCC races on a kymco mongoose 250 automatic!!!!and he was passing 400's 350's and 300's

[quote:uvj9sbaw]Those arent nerfs bars, those are weight boards lol.DUde dont waste any money on it, just use ehr to get the basics, In reality if you want to compete you need a 450, or ATLEAST 400.

havt you EVER heard its the rider,not the machine??hell i read in dirt wheels some rider(forgot hs name) was winngin GNCC races on a kymco mongoose 250 automatic!!!!and he was passing 400's 350's and 300's[/quote:uvj9sbaw]

Lol^^^^ The guy on the 400 or whatever it was must have been mentally retarded, the day im on a z-400 or my warrior and get passed by a kymco 250 is the day i'll quit racing.

[quote:eocph1fl]Those arent nerfs bars, those are weight boards lol.DUde dont waste any money on it, just use ehr to get the basics, In reality if you want to compete you need a 450, or ATLEAST 400.

havt you EVER heard its the rider,not the machine??hell i read in dirt wheels some rider(forgot hs name) was winngin GNCC races on a kymco mongoose 250 automatic!!!!and he was passing 400's 350's and 300's[/quote:eocph1fl] I've heard of that, and I think its more of a 80% bike and 20% ish rang of rider.
Put it like this, put me on my z400, and doug gust on a z250, me having the better bike in every aspest will give me a huge advantage. The bike is a much more decidiing factor, I get use to get passed on the yellow z on all the striaghts becuase I couldnt keep up the speed with the 450's, yet I still manage to pass them in turns and in the air.

Back