i think i ran into a prob (help)!!! please

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derheim

Reaction score
i think i have ran into a problem. i will be trying to break in the new top end, stage1 cam, and tune the fcr carb all at the same time hoping not to fry the top. am i worrying over nothing or is this going to be a bit tricky not to mess up the fresh top? its my first time breaking in a new top and dont want to mess anything up.

also can i run yamalube 10/40 for breaking in or should i run something else?

First of all go back to stock cam and carb while breaking in because you don't want to be guessing, because it could be a several hundred dollar mistake. S run the stock carb and cam where you had it set up before because then at least you know it is running right during break in. Them move to the cam, then the carb

well then, be better off to pick one up off ebay or from someone on here unless you want to redo top end or hope you get lucky

OR, just jet it around what others have jetted their FCRs at.
Then do plug chops as you break it in.

Weston gave me a starting point on the jetting. 185 main 52 pilot. Thanks Weston.

I'm learning as I go but this may be a stupid question but what do you mean by plug chops

Last edited:
Dont remove the can and replace with a stock one. Can has to break in too. IMO not the smartest to run a new carb on a fresh top end but not going to kill it as long as you are somewhat close on jetting.

Yeah learning curve. I'm doing a complete rebuild and didn't think about it until yesterday

I'll ask around. Hopefully I can find one pretty cheap. Running out of funds lol.

Weston gave me a starting point on the jetting. 185 main 52 pilot. Thanks Weston.

I'm learning as I go but this may be a stupid question but what do you mean by plug chops

I find it hard to believe a 350 will need a 185 main and 52 pilot when the most built 450's don't need them that big using the same carb. But, what do I know.

I do know the fcr has a 158 main in it but would it be a big difference living in Texas than up north

I think I'd start off with that 158 and go from there. Make sure to do a plug reading too.

I thought about that but I don't have a clue where to start lol

There is a company that makes a universal plug in play fuel injection kit that we were joking about a year or so ago on this forum but the price is what mainlyhold people back

Back