I lost my key

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsadork

Reaction score
i lost my ****** key and now i need to kno how to hotwire the dam thing... i have no idea how.... plz lemme kno. its a warrior

My way would probably take too much time, and a bit more damage to do, but my friend lost the key for his z400, we just took out the starter thing where the key goes in to a locksmith, and had him make a buncha keys from that.

You should be able to pick up an ignition and a key off ebay fairly cheap.

[quote:h54l5zhj]or a new ignition from the dealer 40 bucks
but he needs a key, not an ignition :-/[/quote:h54l5zhj]

new key switches come with 2 keys

ooo...w/e. ill see what i can do..im limited on funds(i think i have like $5.21)

do like klutch said and take your key hole thing out and get a key made for it, shouldnt cost much

The way I would do it is put a toggle switch on it rather than a keyed one. That is a very simple task and you can put it in an inconspicuous place as a deterrant but I wouldn't really do it if it is at risk of being stolen. Where I live and keep mine theft doesn't worry me too much. Of course it is possible but pretty unlikely. I'd put a toggle switch somewhere where you can flip it easily and without drawing too much attention. Like under the bar clamp or some place just big enough to get a finger in good.

The way I would do it is put a toggle switch on it rather than a keyed one. That is a very simple task and you can put it in an inconspicuous place as a deterrant but I wouldn't really do it if it is at risk of being stolen. Where I live and keep mine theft doesn't worry me too much. Of course it is possible but pretty unlikely. I'd put a toggle switch somewhere where you can flip it easily and without drawing too much attention. Like under the bar clamp or some place just big enough to get a finger in good.
Thats what we did to my dads bike, we have to switches, on that works as a key, and one that works as an on/ off button.
I plan on doing something like that for my light switches, i hate that big fat thing on the handle bar with the switch.

I know it is too late for you now but for the rest of us, on your key is a set of numbers specific to the cut of the key. I wrote these numbers on my title so that if I ever lose my keys I can take the numbers to a Yamaha dealership and have new keys cut. I know that the Raptors have key id#'s but am not sure about the Warriors.

I know it is too late for you now but for the rest of us, on your key is a set of numbers specific to the cut of the key. I wrote these numbers on my title so that if I ever lose my keys I can take the numbers to a Yamaha dealership and have new keys cut. I know that the Raptors have key id#'s but am not sure about the Warriors.

Aaaaand you just VOIDED your title by writing on it......

Technally, but I doubt they'd give you **** over it.

Here in NY ANY marks outside of the areas where transfer takes place VOIDS the title....

well i found the key but im still gonna get one of those killswitches or w/e... and il see if the key has numbers on it...but i aint gonna write it on my title. lol :D

Back