I lost a valve tappet nut in the motor ?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewayz

Reaction score
Ok , I started to get some loud valve noise all the sudden . I removed the valve covers to find one of the tappet nuts are gone and the tappet itself was almost gone too. My question is could it make its way down into the motor or should it be in the top end still ? It was running when i shut it down , and turns over fine . It s either setting somewhere waiting to do damage , or its been munched up and spit out .Im going to start opening it up and see what I can find . Any help would be helpfull . THANKS

it should still be in the head cause there isnt really any passages large enough for it to fit through. id say pull the valve covers and take the cam out and u should be able to fish it out of there

Great news ! I found it . It was sitting in a puddle of oil just below the exhaust valve . Man I thought I was going to have to rob a bank for this one LOL. Thanks for the advice , I only had to pull the valve covers and soak up a puddle of oil in the head to find it .

Back