I just got 01 400ex

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior89

Reaction score
2001 400ex

Big Gun ECO system pipe
Brand new Ambush tires.
New cables
New carb
Tuned up by Nults
Renthal Bars
New Front Bumper

Last edited:
do you know if it has the 440 big bore kit or not?
Honda's can get pretty pricey I had a 99 and a 02 400ex and both had the 440 big bore with stage 2 hot cams and they both needed top end rebuilds again but once I looked into the cost of it I decided to just sell them and get warriors much cheaper and easier to work on than Honda's

Don't get me wrong I love the way the 400ex rides and how maneuverable they are and light feeling but the cost of repairs:eek:

Great bike there man! Just keep up on the maintence like all bikes and it'll serve you well. Worst part about em, I think, is having to remove the clutch to replace the timing chain. Why honda has it set up that way idk. Just because of that it gets on the expensive side to do a top end. Because if you're taking the clutch apart to replace the chain along with everything else up top, you might as well replace the clutch, too. But still, good for you.

:eek:ouch!! little much for a 01 just what I think I wouldn't have payed more than $800 to $1200 for an 01

wow 02's and 04's are going for $1200 to $2000 here on craigslist and there are tons of them and in pretty mint shape too and only like 2 warriors

Last edited:
Yea there is a medium amount of warriors on cl for cheap but there all so old I wanted something from the 21st century. I looked at one other 400ex before this one and it was beat all the quads for cheap on cl around me are beat to hell.

That's kinda funny, cause it's the opposite here. You'd pay the average $1000 on a BEAT ex. That's another reason why I went with the warrior. While my warrior may have been best suited for parts, I only paid $350 for it. More than it was probably worth, but it was a 1st gen and I really like em. To date I have a solid $2500 in it, off the top of my head. But, that included everything in my signature, except the dg bumper, nerfs, and the rear rack were on it already.

Last edited:
looks good hop you like it, i got a chance to ride an 02 with a procuircut pipe on it it had decent power but it didnt feel the same as my warrior

Back