I HATE This BIKE!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Warrior04

Reaction score
This is just crazy..I just dropped another 200 in the bike on some stuff..gaskets and piston rings being the main problem. Well after everthing was set I went at torquing the head bolts. Looked in the manual on here, page 79, and it says to be set at 29 ft lbs torq. So I went at it..thinking it wouldnt be much further without it clicking i started to get worried. Couple seconds latter I herd a pop in my lower end. So I said hell with it and sunged the rest of them up. Got it together and took it down the road. Came back and went to put the cover over the chain and noticed a spot of oil on the ground.

**got to looking and I had a three inch crack on the left side of my lower end...

Please help guys..Do you think JB weld will fix it?

Thanks for all inputs

No its near the right side of the stator or whatever that is..on the left side..like up from the oil filter..

No its near the right side of the stator or whatever that is..on the left side..like up from the oil filter..
Dude that sucks..

I say give JB a try? Clean it with some scotchbrite first, then with some brakeclean to make sure it sticks..
But I get the feeling that crack will only get bigger with time.

Well should I loosen the head bolts? I mean the wrench was set on 14 foot pound torq b/c i was just being safe at first. As they all just kept going and going..till POP...I dont understand that part. Is JB heat resistant? cause itll get pretty damn hott there.

Did you make sure nothing was in the bolt holes before you reassembled it. Something as simple as oil and water can create enough pressure in a hole to crack aluminum.

Hell in the manual it says to put oil on the threads on that page.. But no I didnt clear them.... what do you think 98? You think JB will hold it? I mean it wouldnt hurt to try i guess.

Just for shitts this bike is going to be getting sold soon..I'm tired of dumping money into it all the time and not be able to ride..

Anythings possible, Ive seen some goofy things work for years to come. Blind holes should always have anything down them cleared out for 2 reasons, 1 is what sounds like you found, 2 is it can give you an inproper torque.

You can always try to have it welded. Many people do this when their chain pops off and busts the case. I like jb but I've found that 3m 2 part structural adheisive is the ****! Also there is a product called seal all, advanced auto parts sells it. You can try the jb or 3m let it dry then put the seal all over it. With that stuff it'll never leak.

Well all of them were like that. They wouldnt tighten up worth anything. The only thing I can think of is that there might have been oil in them from the tare down. Who knows..What would the left side of the case probably cost me?

Well all of them were like that. They wouldnt tighten up worth anything.

What bolts/nuts are you talking about here??

Take a pic so we know for sure what and where it's cracked.
If it's in a non structural area, then an epoxy splooge job should be OK.
Case on mine was JB Welded from a chain derailment and worked fine.

We're here to help.

Well I got epoxy on it tonight. Gotta wait for some decent weather to try it out. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow.

Just fix it right & the machine Will be dependable & fun for a good while. Be sure to always chase threads & blow them out with air. I prefer a thin coat of moly lube over oil, it just works better. If the fracture is associated with the bolt torquing it's gonna have problems at some point.

When I got mine the chain had previously popped off and cracked the case. It was JB welded. Still holds up!

Back