I got a ticket!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncledavid218

Reaction score
I live out in the country, far enough out to where people generally say the police/sheriff are less uptight. Well, wrong. I was riding down a dirt road, not a car for miles ahead or behind, going MAYBE 20MPH, the farthest to the left (EDIT: actually to the right. I was just reading it and realized my mistake) I coud go. I was not in the ditch as I normally am (and the law requires) because there wasn't one! So I get to the end of this road and realize there is nothing there, and what do I see? A sheriff! Oh joy! He writes me a ticket for riding on a public road, which is fine because thats his job, to enforce the laws. But come on now, there was nobody on that road but me and there was no where else to ride. I was just a kid out exploring and I got hassled. Now I have to go tell my parents... I'm sure their going to be pleased. ;)

you shouldve bribed him with a doughnut or a piece of bacon.

I don't know how much it is going to be until Monday when I can call the courthouse... he did not have any idea how much it would cost.

What really just sucks though is the fact I ALWAYS go in the ditches... never on the roads...

On a happier note I did my first 30-foot tabletop... pictures turned out bad so we'll have to wait until next weekend...

That's not right.

A lot of cops need to get off their power, god trip and do the right thing. A lecture about being safe on public roads and a warning would of been more than enough.

I guarantee there were a hell of a lot worse things going on in that county at that very time besides some kid minding his own business, not hurting a ******* thing clear out on a gravel country road.

It is **** like this that alienates the younger generation from authority.

I could rant 4ever on this one, but will stop there.

This dum **** i went to school with bought a new YFZ and he was way out in the boonies but still on a public road. He actually just went down his friends driveway and a cop seen him well he is well known to the police so they seized it. Well that night in the impound it was conviniently stolen.... so The police next day had to go with him to the dealership where he got a brand new one

you hsoul dbe ok with the ticket thing. the EXACT same thing happened to my friend, only he had a flat tire. they ended up just making him write an essay. I htink they will do the same for you.

That's not right.

A lot of cops need to get off their power, god trip and do the right thing. A lecture about being safe on public roads and a warning would of been more than enough.

I guarantee there were a hell of a lot worse things going on in that county at that very time besides some kid minding his own business, not hurting a ******* thing clear out on a gravel country road.

It is **** like this that alienates the younger generation from authority.

I could rant 4ever on this one, but will stop there.

It isn't a god trip that cops are on. I don't know what state this happened in but I am sure it is illegal to operate a 4 wheeler on public roads regardless of the situation. I got pulled over before for being on the road and had to goto court to tell the judge I was guilty and pay 250 dollars.

What I was doing was wrong and the cop was doing his job. I myself an anit-police for many reasons. They have fucked with me all my life and watched my house too many nights to count. Needless to say I've never been caught doing ANYTHING.

Sometimes you learn the hard way. Sometimes you won't learn at all. It just depends on the person. If you can't handle the ticket then don't get on the road its that simple. You can complain about it all day long but it isn't going to get you anywhere.

I learned my first time, Im not going to just give the state 250 bucks over and over again. The cop was actually pretty cool to me about it after the first 5 minutes. It was the court system that fucked me. So there is another set of people to blame!!!

I have no trouble paying for it. I mean, I was breaking the law... only it seemed like he was bored so he decided to ticket a random kid riding down a deserted country road? I don't know.

I don't have to go to court or anything... just pay the fine (however much it is, idk, have to call tomorrow morning)

This is a direct quote from the 2006 Minnesota Off-Highway Vehicle Regulations

"Operation on a township road: A person with a valid driver's
license may operate an ATV on the right half of a township road,
unless prohibited by local regulations. If traveling at a slower
speed than other traffic on the township road, the ATV should be
driven as close as practical to the right hand edge of the road."

This makes me want to go to court and contest the ticket.

but in that quote it says "unless prohibited by local regulations". What are your local regulations?

I just called and there are no regulations prohibiting riding on my townships' roads.

Back