I flipped it...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was going to flip my rims, front and back but a guy told me it would make my axle weaker which i understand and maybe my a-arms weaker and if i was jumping it, it might bend my axle or maybe mess up the a-arms . do u think it would be ok ?? just wanting some opinions

by the way that does make the bike look a lot better ... let me know how it handles too ..if u think its worth it

Trust me it's well worth it, as far as weakening the axle, I don't think so. The A Arm ball joints will be stressed a little more, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

its the same principal of changing the offset of your rims, so it really should not affect the axle, and put little to no stress on the front end.

i was going to flip my rims, front and back but a guy told me it would make my axle weaker which i understand and maybe my a-arms weaker and if i was jumping it, it might bend my axle or maybe mess up the a-arms . do u think it would be ok ?? just wanting some opinions

Flipping wheels will put extra stress on the suspension components, but the only real problem I got out of riding with flipped wheels for 2 years was that I broke tie rods and ends a lot. I still have the rear wheels flipped, and the axle is still straight as an arrow. One of the wheels is bent, so I guess that means you'll bend a wheel before you bend your axle. On some quads the axle can't take the extra leverage, but the warrior's stock axle seems to be pretty tough.

when i had flipped fronts on my raptor, and on my YFZ ....it turned like a bastard, so i put em back and althoug its narrower...it steers much easier.

were you riding it hard and jumping it? the reason i ask is because i dont jump mine, i just ride it aroung the neigbor hood and in the trail a litte bit but mostly on the street. i wana flip my front wheels but i dont wana break tie rods when im goin 70mph. can u let me know?

Never had a problem, I've got two with them flipped.Expect to get wetter and muddier though.

are you guys doing this with the aluminum wheels? mine are stock aluminum and, i'm thinking i'd only trust steel to be flipped. imho.

ya they are doing this with oem aluminums. its not hard on the rims but it is hard on the tie rod ends and a little on the ball joints.

deadlast, what? aluminum stronger then steel? tis definetely not, i guess if you measured it out and did the wheight per vs strneght of each aluminum might have the upperhand in that ratio, but steel is tons stronger then aluminum, aluminum is just lighter

HAHahaha. You kidding me? How often you play with metals? And when it comes to wheels, Aluminum alloy wheels are generally stronger than steel wheels due the materials used and the procedure by which they are made (often, they are cast). Steel wheels use a stamped wheel center that is usually welded to an outer stamped rim, although some older steel wheels were even riveted together. Steel wheels are more likely to bend if they hit a pot hole or large bump extremely hard. That is one of the many reasons that alloys are used in automobile racing.

http://www.kastenmarine.com/alumVSsteel.htm

Back