I did the oil cooler mod......but....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No i don't have a welder, but you guys are a great help, thanks a lot!!!! I will be looking for a picture so i can start w/ this mod now, so if you see a pic please posted.

also remember that i told you guys that i didn't know what was in my engine? well the previous owner contacted me an he said that i have a 418cc big bore kit in the stock head w/ nickel fill(or something like that) piston, and polished. but i put the big bore evo x and i think i need the jets now

the problems I have are:Hard to put it in reverse when is hot
really hard to find the neutral when is hot
Like back fire Explosion(no fire)when I
release the gas
an that's it ;D I'll be more then happy if I fix all that cause is mi first one and I love it, I think I get in to ATV's to late, i'm 34 y old
thanks guys

I know that finding neutral and getting out of revers has alot to do with the clutch arm being ALL the way in. I have a bitch of a time getting into neutral, but if I reach down and push the arm up a fraction further, slides right into neutral, perhaps you need to tweak your clutch pull.

deadlastracing said:
If you run the big bear cooler, you have to make a custom shifter. A lot of people use the stock lever and bend it and weld up one if they use that style of cooler. There is a post for this mod on here somewhere.

What the shavings look like? Big chunks or really small.

those where really small I think mmm like when you file a piece of metal or something like that, I mean ... no like dust , but the size of the sugar , is that bad dead?

what oil cooler mod are you guys running? the only one i've seen is the one that goes on the clutch side. if this is the one you guys are referring to, why the issue with the shifter?

What shifter issue? There is a clutch cover cooler mod and the big bear cooler (attaches to the oil filter cover)

heres a pic of the big bear oil cooler with stock shifter;

boyoilcooler001.jpg

boyoilcooler002.jpg

my reverse was a bitch but when i redid my clutch cables it was a lot easier i think like deadlast said its all about the clutch bein really sensitive at the end and if u put the reverse lever to far forward when puttin it back in forward it might chatter and u just wiggle the lever and it grabs on mine

what year yz250 shifter do you use for the direct shift??? and i have always found if you hit the throttle and rev it a little you seem to find neutral alot easier.

what year yz250 shifter do you use for the direct shift??? and i have always found if you hit the throttle and rev it a little you seem to find neutral alot easier.

I think its pretty much any year but i had a 2001.

Back