I decided to make an air scoop...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJDrift

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been looking around for air scoops and contacted a few about air scoops to buy. But I had some scraps that was just enough for me to build my version. I mainly trail ride/muddin', so I wanted the scoop to be more rigid than just a bend piece of sheet metal. So this is what I made..see link. I painted the inside flat black, so that from the front you can't see it, but from the side the "blue" pops. I also made the design easy to bolt on. Sorry for those that I contacted, I won't need to buy. I also plan to sticker it up. This is my first version, I will maybe try to make larger more aggressive fin? Want to see how this small fin behaves under riding conditions, before I make a larger one.
Is there any "YFM350.com" stickers (blue/black) available? Anyone? Can you custom my forum name "TJDrift" under the logo?
If anyone wants to know my dimensions of each piece I gladly give you.
Let me know....
http://s1292.beta.photobucket.com/user/TJDrift/library/airscoop

Last edited:
Looks good man!
The best part of fabbing parts for our bikes is the " if I don't like I'll change it" mentality.
If your happy with it run it.

Thanks!! Yeah, it looks good to me. Easy to make at no cost, but 2.5 hr of time. Plus the additional air flow will help cool the motor down(just little). I'm thinking of getting an oil cooler mod. I'm gonna start paying attention to how hot it gets during the long rides, have to remember to carry the IR temp guage.

I like the mount. They may be slightly more efficient if you angled the back edge out a little more. I made a set just from sheet metal, and they would flap like a politicians gums going down the road. So I cut pieces of welded wire to fit, epoxyied them in place, then went over them with fiberglass, and sanded them smooth to keep the airflow less turbulent, and pretty it up.

Awesome, I was originally going to cut up an airscoop from a car and then fiberglass them to make it stronger. But, when I found the material I just made with what I had. My scoops seems to be very stable. I jumped my quad a couple times and they seem to hold. I'm gonna make a larger fin and I will probably bend in the ends like you said. This was my first attempt and now I can see how much I can increase the size without interfering the suspension. Thanks! Hope to see you design, I'm also trying to custom parts that adds looks and has function.

Back