I can't wheelie for sh*t...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem with powering it up when learning is that it comes up real slow before hitting the balance point, once you hit the balance point, your going pretty fast, and if your not good with hitting the rear brake, your gonna power right over lol. when i used to power wheelie, i would constantly have arm pump and get tired cuz i was fighting it up, then fighting to keep it from flipping backwards.

any yes dead stop, clutch it straight up is the best way and safest way, if ya go to far up, you just hit the grab bar and jump off
I think it's funny how people do things so much differently than others.. Like I said right off the bat, you kinda have to develop your own technique.

I don't have to try to power wheelie my 490. When it gets into the powerband you have to lean forward to keep the tires on the ground!!
If I want to do a high speed power wheelie it's as simple as shifting my weight back, and hang'n on. lol

Weight transfer wheelies are easy on my quad to, but mostly because it's so light.. I can ease outta the clutch, and walk it just using the throttle. :evilface:
I also find keeping the front brakes locked up, help you to keep control of quad during the wheelie. I also just let the grab bar drag on the ground, and only use the rear brake when I wanna set it back down. lol

You ain't rode one that I built! :tup:

Better yet, one that I built! Stock Blaster...Yup, gutless, milled, ported, right bend pipes, Yup they come to life!! I challenge the strongest of Warriors here to line up beside either of the two Blasters that my cousins and I have built! You'll prolly get ya ass SMOKED!!

Do you wanna argue about clutch techniques? Ok, before you say mine is flawed look at how built my motor is and what type of riding I do vs. Yours. Stock the motor wont hurt the clutch much this is true, but when you start swapping parts and have over 3000 hours on a clutch basket and you go to doing that, it wont hold. For best longevity dont power it to wot till after the clutch is engaged. To keep from slapping the slack out of everything and potentially breaking/damaging components.

Better yet, one that I built! Stock Blaster...Yup, gutless, milled, ported, right bend pipes, Yup they come to life!! I challenge the strongest of Warriors here to line up beside either of the two Blasters that my cousins and I have built! You'll prolly get ya ass SMOKED!!

i'll have to 2nd that lol. not trying to go against the grain, but the man speaks the truth.

I have seen some SICK blasties in my day. There used to be some where I lived in Jersey. I'm pretty sure there were a couple that ran on alky.

I'll take that challenge!! :evilface:

practice, practice, practice ,be one with the quad ha ha
Yes young padawan.. The force is strong in you!
The counsel has spoken, and you have gained much knowledge from your masters.
But you are not a jedi yet!

I've ridden on my handlebars with my legs on the brush guard (facing forward and backward), as well as riding completely backward.. But never got the wheelie down. It'd be nice to get that down but lately its been all about the jumps and speed for me.

Ok tried all the techniques you guys stated which is mostly what YouTube folks suggested. IMO dumping the clutch which I tried once in fear of damaging my clutch is by far the scariest to much gas and you are assed out. So far I'm comfortable with the knee /grab bar stance on a slight incline but I'm not quite comfortable with the weight of the warrior which I think is my problem. Also on my previous set-up 12t f 40t rear 1st gear wasn't much (would have to switch gears) and that seems to be the only gear I can get her up alittle in . I just don't see how ppl can be in 2nd or 3rd gear and just throw it In the air like nothing.

Get on a flat spot in first, sand on the grab bar, stand it all the way up till the bar hits, it won't flip. But it will give you a better feel for it.

Umm.. Dumping the clutch is the only way I get up but it scares the crap out of me cause I almost flip it every time. So what I'm asking is how else can I get the front end up( I only weigh 110 pounds)

You want 4 wheels on the the ground you buy a quad. You want 2 wheels on the ground you buy a bike. You want one wheel on the ground you buy a unicycle. Why mess with the techs design?

Just another "I can't wheelie" poster.Good Luck.

Do you wanna argue about clutch techniques? Ok, before you say mine is flawed look at how built my motor is and what type of riding I do vs. Yours. Stock the motor wont hurt the clutch much this is true, but when you start swapping parts and have over 3000 hours on a clutch basket and you go to doing that, it wont hold. For best longevity dont power it to wot till after the clutch is engaged. To keep from slapping the slack out of everything and potentially breaking/damaging components.

no i dont want to argue, i forgot you had this super warrior that snaps clutch baskets and beats 450's so ill be quiet :loco:

btw the guy whos question i answered has a STOCK engine just like mine

Lol, jealousy ain't getting you nowhere!

If its all stock it shouldnt hurt it, but the more power turned to it, the shorter the life it will have

Back