I can't change my oil filter cuz

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Satan_420

Reaction score
The oil filter cover won't come off. I tried to break the bolts loose but it jus started to strip. I tried liquid wrench ect.lol. What do I do!? Should I apply a lil heat to it? Their not stripped out btw, I stopped b4 it stripped. I don't think the oil filter has EVER been changed! I jus got last april

My buddy told me NOT to apply heat. So I don't wtf I'm suppose to do.lol

You should be able to get a small vise grip on a couple of them. You may also be able to beat a small 6point socket on, over the bolt head and get them off that way. If you can borrow a "twist off" socket, that would surely work. Other then that, you are left with grinding/cutting/dremeling the bolt heads off.

Tap the bolts with hammer lightly and see what happens. If all else fails you can use an easy out.

To be honest.. I have no idea, I got a drawer full of them.lol. Wat size do u think I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they are m6 allens. If they are wallowed out a little you may be able to make an SAE allen fit. Just tap it in there good and tight.

ok, I have had to do this with a valve cover bolt bc bolt head was stripped. Just chisel and hammer a divot in the bolt head and beat on it til it breaks loose (Aluminum case, bolts will come right out usually with fingers after broke loose) So Just make a place on the bolt head for the chisel to catch so it will turn the bolt when you hit it thus braking the stubborn thing loose. This method takes some patience and in your case prolly some medication lol but works everytime!! Then replace the bolt so you don't have same ploblem again!

I got em out finally. It was full of black sludge and tons of metal shavings. The oil filter looked like it was caved in and totally lost it's shape.lol. But the oil pan didn't have metal shavings in it so that's good I guess.

I got em out finally. It was full of black sludge and tons of metal shavings. The oil filter looked like it was caved in and totally lost it's shape.lol. But the oil pan didn't have metal shavings in it so that's good I guess.
metal shavings? or clutch material? cause you dont want to see metal shavings...

Damn, I'd do a flush if I were you with some cheap-oh oil before you do the actual change.

You guys should have seen all the metal flakes and chunks when I drained the oil from the stock stroke engine before I pulled it Monday. Glad I'm retiring it... Has to have some issue with the trans. Every now and then I'd get a false nuetral, and had a slight whirring noise in the higher gears.

Idk wat is was. It wasn't like shavings, more like particles. Looked like glitter!

My buddy said sumtin like the same oil is used for the gear box and it's prolly from that. It runs like a champ tho!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359586229.301960.jpg

Back