i am f**king pissed

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duneracerweston

Reaction score
here we go again! fin wiseco crank broke for the 2nd dang time!! less then 200 hrs probably close to 100 really and the bitch sheared again! and they say and i quote "it is a high performance race motor, it is not desighned to last that long so i cant give you a return number for that unless u can give me a fax of the manual that says it should still be running or tells me when it should be serviced or changed" < that pisses me off i have 4 of these and all are over 1000-2000 hrs and the cranks are still oem in 2 of them and the ******* wiseco dies around 100????!!!!!???? wtf?

NEVER BUY WISECO CRANKS

so can someone tell me what page in the manuel i need?

oh and it broke AT THE DUNES, HEADED TO THE DYNO!! i didnt even ride the bitch a buddy was riding it cuz his died (electrical) and i wadded my chain on the 450 and destroyed the left side case, shift arm, and shift sensor, front sprocket ad chain that we can tell sofar! ooooooooh im pissed!

The guy at the dealer here warned me away from the Wiseco cranks when I did my Banshee. He said they are Chinese made and they have had trouble with them. He talked me into a HotRods crank. I ran it 4 dune seasons and did some drags at the dunes with it and it was still alive when I traded it off.

Were any of yours welded? Or was that even the problem?

It broke just to the outside of the flywheel main bearing so the flywheel ran away so i bet it got valves,

Ive also recently heard they were Chinese cranks, I have a guy that will build me a OEM one to better then New specs, I hope he can weld it and lighten it while he is at it that would be cool

The guy at the dealer here warned me away from the Wiseco cranks when I did my Banshee. He said they are Chinese made and they have had trouble with them. He talked me into a HotRods crank. I ran it 4 dune seasons and did some drags at the dunes with it and it was still alive when I traded it off.

Were any of yours welded? Or was that even the problem?

Just to let you know, hotrods cranks are made by wiseco. OEM is the best way to go when it comes to reliability

It broke just to the outside of the flywheel main bearing so the flywheel ran away so i bet it got valves,

Ive also recently heard they were Chinese cranks, I have a guy that will build me a OEM one to better then New specs, I hope he can weld it and lighten it while he is at it that would be cool

Will you take some pictures of the failure and your engine as you tear it down? That would be fun to see. Sorry for your loss.

Just to let you know, hotrods cranks are made by wiseco. OEM is the best way to go when it comes to reliability
they are not made by wiseco but both are made in some asian place but assembled in america NOT MADE in america

I will take pics of the carnage after I have it apart, my estimated cost is about 300 if it didn't get the piston or cylinder, or stator.

dammit man! warrior sucks, and that 450 case half i bet hurt the wallet too! im kinda glad i put a new stock crank in mine! sorry about that SHITTY day!

Have you looked into Falicon or Barker to see if they would make a Warrior crank? They make excellent cranks.

Back