Hydroplaning?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could hydroplane mine for about a 30 foot section shore to shore with a good running start, it helped that I had some pretty flat wide tires on the front to spread the weight out.

If you ever saw Huevos 8, in the Cross Country chapter, the pond/mud hole the hot chick on the yfz rides across at the beginning is the exact spot where I did it. (It's at Paragon AP)

Think twice about doing it though, if things go wrong you're probably going over the handlebars towards the ground head first with your quad bucking up right behind you.

YamaRider said:
Think twice about doing it though, if things go wrong you're probably going over the handlebars towards the ground head first with your quad bucking up right behind you.
Thats exactly what happens.... :(
I tried to hydroplane a flooded over spot about 20' across, 2' deep, it it in 5th gear tapped out, when the back tires it, it slowed the quad down fast, the front dropped into the water, then before I knew what happened I was under water with the quad on top of me. My buddies watching said all they saw was a huge wave, with me rolling out of it. It was in November in Michigan, so it wasn't warm water at all. Sucked. I may have had a chance of making it, but I think I was leaning back too far. But I am not going to test that theory anytime soon...

I have skipped across a few mud holes on the warrior, but have also wound up laying in a few as well.

Ya i have seen it done a hundred times on the 450s and 660 raptor and bigger stuff like that but i didn't know if anyone has ever done it on a warrior.

Back