hybrid warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vette454

Reaction score
i am fixing to install a yz426f engine in my friends warrior frame. we are going to tear the entire bike down and start completely over and recoat the frame and bearings hopeing to make the quad look brand new and like it came from the factory with the motor. if anyone has done this or has any pics and advice i can use all i can get

also i already have the motor, wiring, radiator, oil tank, gytr carbon fiber exhaust off of my yfz450, and edelbrock carb

I think hybrid builds are awsome. Id like to find a two stroke motor that fit in the warrior.

Kick ass. This bike is gunna rock. be sure to keep the progress posted.

blonka said:
I think hybrid builds are awsome. Id like to find a two stroke motor that fit in the warrior.

Has anyone tried dropping a shee motor into a warrior?

i will have pictures posted of the bike we are working on this weekend i will keep you guys updated on everything that we do

Almost no 2stroke motor will fit because of the pipe. Maybe a old aircooled yz250 motor where the pipe comes out the side.

the yz426 has been done before there was a guy in dirt wheels who built one and he called it his 'redneck rocket " hahha he lived down south , but it was cool looking prob a fun project do a search on hear its been brought up lots of time . i belive in one thread i even posted pics and measurments for the mounts that you would have to make it work

I'm thinking of doing the same with the engine from my XT 550.
I made a few quick checks and think it should fit.The bike works
excellent,shame to tear it apart,but should be awesome in a warrior .

It'll be a lot of work to do properly, as is any engine swap like this. Nothing will come together without fabricating all the mounts, exhaust, wiring harness, etc. A swap like this into a warrior never made much sense to me because in my opinion the stock warrior chassis isn't up to the task of handling all 20 horsepower the thing has stock. Putting in something with twice the power is asking for bodily injury.

Sure, you can make the chassis handle the power with brake and suspension upgrades, but it'll be a massive amount of money invested by the time it's all done. We had a guy put a CBR 600 engine into one with all the suspension work to match the performance. By the time he was finished it was an $8000 project.

Back