Hybrid Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnk

Reaction score
I have a '98 Warrior with a blown motor. Been halfway poking around for a used motor for it. The other day I found out a buddy of mine has a Yamaha 400 Special I can get for a good price with low miles. 400cc twin, nice compact motor. I'm thinking of poking it in my extra Warrior. This could be fun. Anyone ever do this? If so, how did it turn out? The fabrication and stuff isn't a problem, just want to know if it is worth it in the end or if I should look more seriously for a motor.

i say go for it, most people will say warriors arent wotrth it cause they are heavy...but you will never se another one just like it

According to info I have found, the 400 puts out around 27 hp, not a bad gain. I would like to know how much the 400 weighs, though.

If it were me i would go for an older 2 stroke motor... a yz490 motor is ideal... tons of power and aircooled therefore you dont have to mount any radiators.... the hardest part would be routing a pipe.. the motor mounts would be cake to fab up... im looking for a cheaper yz490 motor to dump in my bent frame as a project..

This particular motor is air cooled so the rad is'nt a problem. Doesn't matter at this point since I just got a smoking deal on a used running engine out of a '95 Warrior....

I say grab the 400 and put 'er in there!

A friend of mine built this a couple years ago.

fc78098f.jpg

fc780991.jpg

fc780995.jpg

fc780998.jpg

fc780c2f.jpg

fc780c31.jpg

I say grab the 400 and put 'er in there!

A friend of mine built this a couple years ago.

fc78098f.jpg

fc780991.jpg

fc780995.jpg

fc780998.jpg

fc780c2f.jpg

fc780c31.jpg

Details, man!!! We need details!!!!

Dude! What did that thing top out at? Looked like fun to hold on for dear life on though. :D

Back