hub

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
well i was riding today and i guess i lost my lug nuts in my rear left wheel except one, and if my friend didn't point it out i'da been screwed, but neways, now i have a bent screw part of the hub, its not bent too bad, but you think i'll have to replace it or can i just bend it back some how???

Are you talking about the stud that the lugnut goes on? I personaly would replace it. Its weakened now from being bent and if you are able to bend it back without screwing up the threads it will be weakened more. Think of it like the tab on a pop can. Everybody has flipped it forward and back till it broke off, right? Well same principle. bent the first time-weak, bend the second time-weaker.

think i could just put a lug on it, and hammer on the lug till it goes back???

I'd say just get another hub. They're cheap enough on ebay, and better than risking that hub bending or worse braking the next time you land hard off a jump. Just my .02 and looking out for your safety.

Are you talking about the stud that the lugnut goes on? I personaly would replace it. Its weakened now from being bent and if you are able to bend it back without screwing up the threads it will be weakened more. Think of it like the tab on a pop can. Everybody has flipped it forward and back till it broke off, right? Well same principle. bent the first time-weak, bend the second time-weaker.

correct answer -exalt

I'd say just get another hub. They're cheap enough on ebay, and better than risking that hub bending or worse braking the next time you land hard off a jump. Just my .02 and looking out for your safety.

another good answer

id bend it back you still have 3 other ones
::)

ok well if you have the money buy it but if your tight on money like some of us just bend it back and take it easy till you get a new one how bad is it bent and what type of rideing do you do

hubs are expensive, its gonna cost me over 30 bucks for 2 of them....allthough im getting a deal cause they are brandy new

hubs are expensive, its gonna cost me over 30 bucks for 2 of them....

I would gladly pay only $30 for 2 new hubs if I damaged mine in any way. $30 seems cheap for 2 hubs. I personally wouldn't think twice about it, and I'd buy the new ones. I'm just glad that all replacement parts aren't as Expensive as $15 per... lol. Just playin bud.
~Bill

ok well if you have the money buy it but if your tight on money like some of us just bend it back and take it easy till you get a new one how bad is it bent and what type of rideing do you do

The way I look at it is how can you put a price on safety? It would be cheaper to replace the faulty part than it would be to pay for the hospital bills. I refuse to jerry rig anything on my quads or cars, my safety, and others, is far to important.
my $5.00!

Whos to say one you bought on ebay was bent and then bent back.

Bend it back, those hubs are hardened steel, if you manage to snap an item like that id be highly impressed with your destruction abilities There actually isnt much force on 1 individual wheel stud, in order to rebend that you would have to bend the other 3, theres no way in **** your doing that without trying to. You will bend the axle way before bending/breakin a wheel stud. And the warrior no matter how serious the mods are will never have enough torque to bend them by turning. Fully decked out sand racing banshees run on aluminum hubs with thin aluminum wheels, and those things put alot of torque to the ground. Aluminum probebly isnt as strong as that bent steel.

Theres just no effing way your going to rebend that as long as you keep all the wheel studs tight. Tell me how can you rebend one stud without bending a wheel or the other 3. You would have to rip the whole wheel off.

It can be rebent the same way it got bent the first time, forgetting to tighten the lugs. It was overlooked before, chances are it will be overlooked again. It doesnt matter what type of metal it is. Once its been bent, and then rebent it is weakened.
If it was me I would replace it, I guess 18 years of riding and working on quads, and 16 years of working on cars has made me cautious. If I have a faulty part, or compromised part on any of my vehicles I repair it, and repair it right. Im not puting my safety are my families safety at risk for a measly few bucks. Hell a stud only costs $2.00 and can be replaced at home in 5 minutes

[quote:hzkly6k6]ok well if you have the money buy it but if your tight on money like some of us just bend it back and take it easy till you get a new one how bad is it bent and what type of rideing do you do

The way I look at it is how can you put a price on safety? It would be cheaper to replace the faulty part than it would be to pay for the hospital bills. I refuse to jerry rig anything on my quads or cars, my safety, and others, is far to important.
my $5.00![/quote:hzkly6k6]

your absolutely right!! That is the same as wearing safety gear. I learned the hard way that buying a chest protector is cheaper than 1 trip to the ER.

When you start rigging things it won't take long before you will be owning a piece of **** quad that needs fixing every ride

If the problem will be overlook again then a new hub is also going to bend haha. Keep your wheels studs tight and you wont have any problems.

Im not going to argue with you about this, Im just saying thats what I would do. Some of us have been riding and working on quads and trikes as long or longer than most of the members on this site have been alive, and have seen what half assing something will lead too. wie1086 Thank you, at least one other person sees the importance of not half assing something. with all this said, I wash my hands of this topic, I have said my peace.

It's not even a 1/2 assed object.... something is simply bent that will not bend again no matter what you want to argue. Keep the studs tight and this will never be a problem. If i would have replaced every single object that has bent or had a slight problem with it id be broke.... along with every other member of the site.

You absolutly can not bend that again if the studs are tight.... The only reason i could see replacing it would be if its bent to the point where it did actually weaken the hub to a point that damages its structural intergrity. From what i can tell its just slightly bent and obviously nothing id get worked up about.

The only reason i could see replacing it would be if its bent to the point where it did actually weaken the hub to a point that damages its structural intergrity. From what i can tell its just slightly bent and obviously nothing id get worked up about.

Just the simple fact the the metal (regardless of whether it's a hub, frame or any other metal part) was bent at all, shows that the structural integrity of the piece was put in jeopardy. If the metal was strong enough to hold the weight it would have done so without bending. But since the thresh hold of the metal was surpassed, the metal bent.
Whether it was bent far, or how severely is still to be determined. But the metal IS Weakened, Period. Who knows how much. Will it happen again? Who knows. But I personally would replace it.
I agree with 2kwarrior, and wie1086, Replace it. I wouldn't want to have that thought in the back of my head everytime I start my machine. You know the voice that goes, I hope it doesn't happen again, and you go "ehh well, I'll be fine..."
~Bill

Back