how to remove oil from exhaust?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warriorguy

Reaction score
:beat:eek:k, so i got my warrior about a month ago and it smoked like crazy, im going over the motor now, piston, rings, valve guides ect, and one things got me stumped.. the exhaust is so badly drenched in oil to the point is dripping it. when i had it running for a min or so it would cover EVERYTHING, including itself in black oil. its a fmf perfmax pipe with what i believe is the stock head pipe. i was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem and knows the easyist and most effective way to clean it out. i was thinking of flushing both pipes with degreaser and ovioulsy repacking the fmf, any help would greatly be appreciated:thanks:

My header pipe had the usual carbon build up (black paste) I took a 5 gallon bucket half way with diesel and sat pipe in it let sit for a couple minutes and flipped around and let other half sit . Threw some gloves on grabbed a flat head screw driver a cloth wrapped the screw driver with it and just wiped the carbon clean off . Hardly no scrubbing

Wait till there are no ladies in the house and put it in the Dishwasher :tup:

Ooo yea seafoam will clean the insiders as well might want to check if your running rich as well that will case carbon build up ok the insides and pipes

well i took the exhaust off last night and took it all apart, soaked it in diesel its comming off pretty good i think ill let it sit another night on the other side, ive never seen a pipe soo covered in thick, black oil. but the diesel is deffinetly working its magic, soon as i dipped it in everything went pitch black haha thanks for the advice 1statv

Giant straight toilet brush would help get the gunk out?

Back